Pin It button on image hover

Friday, December 4, 2009

imperfect Christmas Letter 2009

Faux Christmas Letter 2009, ready, go:


Dearest Friends and Foes,

Merry Christmas to you and yours. We hope that your year found you happy, healthy and eagerly awaiting your yearly dose of imperfection.

So what did 2009 entail for the McKevitts?

Mr. B counts 2009 as his most successful year of parenthood thus far - marked by teaching Casco to swim, chase rabbits and act like a dog at least 10% of the time. He spent a majority of his free time contemplating which beer to fill the kegerator with next, flip flopping on whether or not to finish the basement and deciding how to convince Emily that the beat-up but perfect for napping couch should have a permanent place in our lives. B made it a mission to gain 15 pounds in 2009 and is entering 2010 at -5.

The highlights of Emily's 2009 included wearing UGGs to formal events, stealing rescuing a dog out of its own yard, trying to strike a balance between miles run and cheese enchiladas consumed and adding more foes than friends to the list of people in her life. In 2010 she aspires to watch less HGTV and more CNN, write zero snarky Facebook status updates and convince Mr. B to move to Texas to breed high school quarterbacks with her.

Casco's 2009 was marked by sleepless camping trips, being forced to act like a dog, and the discovery of a big window in the guest room for watching the world. He most enjoys the work weeks when he has the run of the house and isn't subjected to having to pretend to like cuddling with humans.

From our ever so accomplished family to yours, we're wishing you a very Merry Christmas and only the best in 2010.

Love,

Mr. B, Emily and Casco



15 comments:

  1. More friends than foes? I don't think that can be possible.

    Your letter is hilarious. What did the ending ratio of running to cheese enchiladas? I would say with certainty that for me the ratio would go running , 1 day to about 400 cheese enchiladas.

    Good luck curbing snarky facebook posts. That would be a losing battle for me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe. this is too cute. I may have to start this yearly tradition. I was just thinking about those bragging Christmas letters the other day when I saw some cute Christmas stationary in the stores. too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This letter is awesome. And I love the photo. Even Casco is picture perfect. Our attempts at family photos nearly always feature Montana staring off to the side, or sometimes even completely backward, facing away from the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The family photo is adorable...and I pretty much love the letter. I would really like to send a funny little letter like this out in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the picture and SUPER LOVE the letter!! Hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute picture and love the yearly recap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! I love it. You guys are such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is hilarious! And what a cute picture...our pups refused to look at the camera like always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LMAO, good luck on the high school quarterback breeding!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL - I love this post. Your letter was so funny! Good luck with those facebook posts, I struggle with non-snarky ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heh, those foes wouldn't happen to be in the blog world would they?

    LOVE this roundup. (Hiro "watches the world" from different vantage points in our house too. It's hilarious to watch him watching the world.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha, I wish I could write like you. That is a great photo! Is it your holiday card pic? Chester loves looking out windows, especially when they are open and he can "sniff the sniffs".

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your Christmas card photo. Emily you look fabulous & thin in your yellow stripes!

    ReplyDelete