I've been eyeing the popular glass ball lamps at Target for 3 years. I love them and think they'd be great for our bedroom. They've become pretty popular, so I've held off. I had just made the decisionthat if I still loved them after three years, I should have them when Mr. B and I were at Target together on one ill-fated day.

We were shopping for Christmas gifts, and we stopped in the lamp and picture frame aisle. I pointed the glass ball lamps out to B and told him that I thought they'd be great replacements for the lamps in our room.
B laughed, he thought I was kidding - let's just say that they looked like something other than lamps to him, he couldn't take them seriously and said he definitely couldn't look at them in our bedroom. And after his explanation, well, I couldn't either.
So the erotic glass ball lamps will not be coming to live here at imperfect. Maybe occasionally going shopping together is not such a bad thing after-all.




My husband feels the EXACT same way about those lamps! Silly men.
ReplyDeleteI too have had a thing for those lamps for quite awhile but never brought them home with me. Maybe we've all been thinking the same thing subconsciously and that's why we don't have them? Orrrr... maybe that's why I'm going to go buy them today! Cuz I'm a perv!
ReplyDeleteOMG!! I had to send back two candlestick holders I got from CB2 that looked like that because my husband said the very same thing! ahahah!
ReplyDeleteJen
Torsten and I are good at this too. Though he does more shooting down than suggesting. This is also true for our hypothetical baby name conversations.
ReplyDeleteI have an issue with these kinds of lights because someone once told me they looking like a certain female something. I CANNOT get over it and they are in EVERY HOUSE I'VE EVER BEEN IN. Except mine.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=36463-1390-G4319-ABZ-I&lpage=none
Lol Jennifer, we have the builder boob lights all over our house and they drive me crazy, but they's be so expensive to replace. It's a daily battle!
ReplyDeletei am one of those girls who always goes shopping with my husband. i end up spending more money on stuff that he just throws in the cart, but less on the stuff he tells me no on.
ReplyDeleteI like the clear, bulb lamps, but I've always liked the one that have three (usually) balls of graduating sizes on top of each other. Though now I'm not sure if that's much better.
ReplyDeleteHA! Hysterical--love it.
ReplyDeleteOh no, I love those lights! I hope I can get this out of my head.
ReplyDeleteHaha, someone mentioned something about ginger jars on a blog recently, and now I cringe everytime I see them in a store. Lover and I go shopping together quite a bit, which is good, because he is good at making decisions and I am... not. Plus, he reminds me to ask myself if I really love something, instead of just buying it.
ReplyDeleteErrrmm,
ReplyDeleteI obviously don't think like a man either, 'cuz I have no idea what you are all talking about... doesn't look eroti....oh wait... I think I just got it!
I only know what you're referring to b/c I own some.....glass ball lamps, that is. Wait.....
ReplyDeleteLMAO! I thought the same thing about them, so like longbrakeliving, I tend to favor the stacked balls to be varying sizes.
Though recently I bought gourd style lamps so they're even bigger balls. Can't wait for you to see 'em. Heh!