Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ador(n)ed

Oh, hi friends. I'm out of town for work (that fun game has started again) and in the midst of packing for 10 days away, forgot to set up posts. But I just couldn't sleep (in a comfortable bed without a golden retriever fighting me for foot space) with that offensive-to-men lamp sitting front and center for you all to see.

So, let's talk about headbands briefly, shall we?


My friend Emily wore this peacock feather adorned headband for New Year's Eve and I told her I'd be borrowing it. If she'd had it a year ago, I would have worn it when I needed Festive Cocktail attire for a wedding.




Credit

It wouldn't be hard to make one of these flowered versions yourself. Think I just might do it - when I'm back on solid ground one of these days. What's your take on the flowers and feathers everywhere? Love them, hate them, indifferent?

11 comments:

  1. Love them! I made one for our rehearsal dinner before our wedding last fall - just hand-sewed two clumps of fabric to a ribbon and tada! Quick and cheap headband!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like them...not sure if I love them.

    I'm not sure I'm a headband girl...but I'd like to be.

    Maybe in 2010?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolute love and really wish I could just make it to the craft store to do it myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like them on other people...I just feel silly wearing them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ditto Meredith, I'm not sure I'd be able to pull it off. They are cutesy and I'm not cutesy in the least bit. I wish I were but it's not to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute on others but I don't know if I could make it worse. Also I envision feathers getting caught in my hair. Curls tend to get caught in things more easily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like them a lot, but not sure if I can pull them off. And where do you get those cool feathers? I think I'd like these better than normal hard headbands, I take them off within an hour- they pinch.
    I was just thinking about making my own.
    Have you seen this?
    http://kari-youcanmakeit.blogspot.com/2010/01/creative-guest-ruffles-and-stuff.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. love them! i can't go all the way to feathers but felted flowers, yo yos, or twisted flowers, yes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love an embellishment and especially on headbands! This is a craft project on my to-do list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Emily looks adorable! I've been debating whether I can pull of the feather hair accessories. Love the look. I remember seeing the Sex & the City movie when Carrie wore that huge feather in her hair on her wedding day & thinking it looked gorgeous & cutting edge.

    ReplyDelete