The parsons chairs were my solution to our hand-me-down dining room table. I painted the table, but couldn't make the super ornate chairs work - even painted. I like clean lines.
I love parsons chairs - they're classic, un-fussy and I'm a fan of the name. My entire graduating high school class, boys included, had a crush on our English teacher -Mr. Parsons - and for a solid four years I planned to name my first daughter Parson in his honor. Cute, right? Mr. B vetoed that one the very day that we started talking about the future as our future - something about an obsession with a former high school teacher not being a good reason to give someone a name forever. So I settled for Parsons chairs, instead. Or, that's a lie and I'll still push for a Parson when the time comes - and lose.
Distracted, again. So, I love my Parsons chairs, name and all. But I also like slipcovered Parsons chairs.
And I like the idea of being able to switch between slipcovered and non-slipcovered depending on my mood. Remember, I'm distractable, it's good to keep things fresh for me.
What do you think? Should I try to find inexpensive slipcovers? Maybe gussy them up with a bold number or simple monogram? Or would it be too much white in a sea of white furniture and slipcovers? Sound off!





I think it's going to be too much white. HOWEVER, I love your charis and need to know where you got them. Please tell!!!
ReplyDeleteI think it's going to be too much white. HOWEVER, I love your charis and need to know where you got them. Please tell!!!
ReplyDeleteI think it may be too much white but I'd really have to see it to know for sure. :)
ReplyDeleteIf I could make a suggestion though - I'd get a larger rug for under the table and chairs. Your chairs should all be completely on the rug.
I think the table and chairs look great. I wouldn't do a white slip cover as it would be too much white, but I think if you found one with a simple pattern in them it would look great and give you the mix up you are looking for.
ReplyDeleteOh, I like the chairs the way they are! No need for slipcovers in my opinion. You have slipcovered furniture in your living room, right? So it might become a little monotonous in the house to have more slipcovered stuff?
ReplyDeleteHowever, if you LOVE it, screw what I'm saying and do what you want.
P.S. We have a Parsons table in our dining room. HEART.
Ooo I think just covering the 2 "head" spots would be so fun...or at least covering them in a fun fabric and the other 4 in a more muted fabric.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the previous commenter, with the slipcovers in the living room, I would say no to them in the dining room. But like her, I say if you want them, screw what we think, it's your house!
ReplyDeleteI agree w/--I am going to be painting our table white soon, and would LOVE those chairs! Where are they from?
ReplyDeleteWhy, yes. You should find some slipcovers for another look (although I love them as is).
ReplyDeleteNow that that's settled.... =)
I'm going to break the mold a bit and say DO the slipcovers, just not in white. A natural linen-y tan would look gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE IT
ReplyDeleteand I LOVE IT IN WHITE.
If I type in all caps does that make my vote count more? ;)
I like the no slipcover look, but those chairs fabric looks like it would be hard to clean. So maybe having slip covers would be a good thing. Especially if you eventually have kids(named Parson).
ReplyDeleteLove the look you have going on now! I'm a huge fan of non-matchy matchy furniture sets. As much as I adore white slipcovers though, I think they'd distract from your fabulous new sofa.
ReplyDeleteI have the same dining table, and I always knew it would look good painted white! Too bad I'm moving and have no room for it at the new place. I'd be painting it and keeping it, not have it on craigslist!
ReplyDeleteAs for your question... I think the chairs would look great slipcovered white.
I like the slipcover look . And I'm like you- I get bored quickly so I'll mid-priced stuff I can switch often without feeling bad or wasting money. Where is the table runner from?
ReplyDelete