Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Bed Wears Menswear

I'm on a Menswear kick these days.  Not for me, although I could see it happening.  My mom always made our curtains for our rooms out of Men's Shirting, so I'm sure this kick is somehow connected to my childhood.  Plus, the classic pinstripes and chambray probably don't hurt. 



Martha Stewart has a great tutorial on how to line sheets and pillowcases in Men's Shirting fabrics.  I love how classic and fresh some rumpled sheets can look with a little embellishment.

I'd love to make a patchwork duvet cover out of Men's shirting for our guest room, but these sheets might tide me over for awhile.  I'll just add it to the list of things to accomplish.

9 comments:

  1. What a fun project - instant results, my kind of project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it, but men's shirting is so darn expensive! Last time I went to the fabric store it was $10 a yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I'd love to see what you do with this. I recently saw a wallet that was repurposed from a men's cuff on a shirt. I thought that was so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty or should I say handsome. Really, I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how classy and preppy it looks. Do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome. It looks so fresh and airy! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like that pillow- I wonder if Chris would be willing to donate any of his shirts for this cause . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. If I could manage to not sew over my fingers (FC + sewing machine + wine = scary), I would totally do this. Love, love, love this idea as much as your DIY headboard cover.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look great, really springy. I saw another martha mens' wear project- a shirt turned napkin. Just so happened that one of John's blue and white striped shirts got a hole it. Guess I have a project to try.

    ReplyDelete