Do you know what I absolutely love in the summer? Eating (or cocktailing) outside under twinkly lights.
I've been meaning to string some lights across our back patio for the last few summers - and never got around to it. But this year, I'm determined. Of course, if I lived on water - or a boat - it would be even more picturesque.
I just have to figure out how exactly we'll go about doing this. What about you? Do you love patio dining and all the ambiance it entails? Or are globe and twinkly lights for Christmas only?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






love it! and, i think putting tea lights into a small ball jar filled with a bit of sand is SUPER cute!
ReplyDeleteI'm working on convincing my husband that we *NEED* lights hanging over our deck. I'm trying to figure out the logistics of how to hang said lights before we purchase, though.
ReplyDeletei think christmas-ish lights are appropriate for all seasons! (but not on the front of your house all seasons, of course! :) )
ReplyDeleteSeriously, twinkly lights over a cute patio/backyard make my heart melt with want. It's something I am determined to make happen someday.
ReplyDeleteThere's this new show, Parenthood where the parents' backyard is set up with awesome landscaping and twinkly lights and I want it so bad.
I love this idea! And we have the lake to look out on in our backyard, but sadly we don't have any trees that are close to each other back there. If anybody has ideas as to what to hang them on I'd take them.
ReplyDeleteTracie - I think our eventual setup is going to include a pole on one side of the patio for stringing the lights - we have a house on one side, but nothing to string them to on the opposite side as well. I'm doing some research, but that's the best I've come up with.
ReplyDeleteI love twinkle lights year-round. They keep them up in downtown Denver all the time and while they feel Christmassy in the winter, somehow when it warms up they feel very summery. Apparently twinkle lights are chameleons!
ReplyDeletei agree, twinkle lights all year round. i especially like the old timey circus looking ones (how is that for a description) the circle opaque ones for the laymen!
ReplyDeleteI love those big lights in both of the pictures. A friend of mine has hers on a dimmer switch-- it's perfect from going from dusk into night!
ReplyDeleteLove it! We have some strung around our pergola and it looks great when we are dining/cocktailing out there during the summer. I think the pole idea is perfect!
ReplyDeleteI love the globe lights, and would really love a deck with the lights around it. We eat outside a ton in the summer, it would make it so much more fun.
ReplyDeleteOur old house didn't have outdoor outlet and it was a rental so not worth doing anything- so I'm super excited to have them this year. There are just so many to pick from!
ReplyDeleteLove twinkle lights & think they work all year round (the white/clear colored kind). So magical. Ambience indeed.
ReplyDeleteLMAO @ your bra comment on my post yesterday. I might have peed a little. OK, a lot.