At the time I thought it was charming...
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Blast from the Past
I was organizing all of my digital files last weekend and came across of a slew of (what should probably be long lost) college photos, including my room in the Sorority house my Junior year of college. Oh, how far we've come since cinderblock bed risers, pink and orange plaid duvets and oak standard issue furniture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Haha! love it. I had that same pink and orange plaid for college :)
ReplyDeleteAw, dorm rooms. I don't miss mine either. Though it did have an awesome turquoise couch.
ReplyDeleteLove it!! I wish I had more photos from college... I was too busy having fun to take many I suppose... :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI totally had the cinder block raised bed look too!
ReplyDeleteThose are great! I never lived in a dorm and while part of me is happy another part of me thinks I missed out on an unforgettable life experience. : )
ReplyDeleteI had a nearly identical bedspread as well...hysterical!
ReplyDeleteWait, weren't there Tim McGraw posters or something? Or were those taped to the ceiling to stare at in bed? Haha Love the dorm room decor. I never lived in a dorm so I never had the pleasure of trying to mesh my taste with a complete stranger's. However, while I lived at home during college, I inherited my older brother's entire upstairs room. I promptly decorated it with oriental-inspired crap. What was wrong with me?
ReplyDeleteShannon! Have we discussed this before? Tim McGraw calendar and my brother bought me a Tim McGraw Bud Light banner that year for my wall - it went really well with the pink (obv).
ReplyDeleteOk, I hear you about the cinder blocks but that window rocks! And were the walls light green?
ReplyDeleteIt's still charming. :) College rooms make me smile. I remember how grown up I felt going away and decorating the room.
ReplyDeleteI love this! It is amazing how our style evolves. I was just looking through pictures a month or two ago and found the dorm room pics. I thought I was so stylish with the futon and the lights strung everywhere!
ReplyDeleteAwww, it still kinda is! I remember sharing a room with a roomie. Late at night, talking and being silly! Never again will we go through that! Such fun times!
ReplyDeleteThanks for postin!
I don't know what I love more.....the hot pink plaid duvet or the chic tie-front cardigan hanging on the door. =]
ReplyDelete