Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Rookie Thanksgiving: Week Six

It's Pie week.  Ooh baby.  Too bad I gave up refined sugar all but once a week. 

I've had success with pies in the past, so here's what I know.

Pioneer Woman knows pie crust.

And she also knows pecan pie.  And because I've successfully made pecan pie in the past (when in doubt put me in charge of the sugar entree for family gatherings), I'm going to do something different.  Apple or Pumpkin, I haven't decided yet (I'll probably defer to the pie lovers in my life - Mr. B and my dad - on this one since I won't be eating it.  And also because I am submissive to men [insert very heavy sarcasm here.  Anyone who knows me knows I don't submit to anything but chocolate and french fries]).  But I'll be using PW's pie crust because it's flipping phenomenal - even at Colorado's high altitude.

5 comments:

  1. mmmmmm.... pie. We make three every year -- apple with streusel topping, pumpkin and chocolate. Now I'm hungry! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like pie, and I've never made one. I wonder if I should change that for Thanksgiving this year? I'm thinking maybe I'll bake a cake instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for this week! I love making pie (in fact I've already made 4 this fall).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore PWs pie crust, too. I just went grocery shopping tonight and I'm planning to make Real Simple's Walnut and Pecan Pie. Ryan is excited, too. I don't make pie often. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the love of God (Catholic of course), can one of you PLEASE send me a pie? This girl is hurtin for some homemade pie. My family only knows the store bought variety, it's sad.

    ReplyDelete