I had just convinced myself I'd rather have a counter height table than banquette seating in this problem child breakfast nook. But now I'm back to being annoyingly indecisive.
It's a sad space. It needs something. And I think a banuqette is that something. Still.





I'm considering a banquette in my breakfast nook too, but it always seems like just too big a project to take on. I like your new inspiration piece because it's just a straight-across bench that seems simpler than attempting angles and corners. Here's another inspiration pic you might like from another great blog. It's also very simple: http://littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com/2011/02/simple-carpentry.html
ReplyDeleteYou should go for it!
ReplyDeleteYou're right! It wants a banquette! It NEEDS a banquette! That little corner is going to start crying if you don't promise it a banquette!!
ReplyDeleteGo for it! Trust your gut instinct.......besides banquettes are so cool. Like Nike says, just do it!! :)
ReplyDeleteI've got to plug the "regular" height seating. My son is 2 years old and really big on sitting on "big boy" chairs. If we had counter-height seating it would be a recipe for either injury or temper tantrums (upon being forced to be buckled into a booster seat). You never know if Thomas will have that same independent streak!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I think that if you were to do built-in seating, something at a standard height would be preferable for resale.
That inspiration photo is ADORABLE!
Do the banquette! I think it would look amazing in that space! :)
ReplyDeleteI vote banquette! Not that it matters what I think, but I'm saying it anyhow. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd if I remember correctly, that bench is made from cabinetry. How simple can you get?
I LOVE the banquette! Do it! :)
ReplyDelete(I want to do this in a free-standing way so that I can use it in my rental).
that's a gorgeous photo! i love the idea of a banquette!!
ReplyDeletei don't know exactly what you had in mind regarding a counter height table and don't want to assume, but if it's what i'm imagining - a taller table - we have that, and while it looks nice, it's not ideal for actually living with. kind of difficult to scoot in and out from under with the tall chairs. but that's just me :)
You should do it! Make it your summer project.
ReplyDeleteGo for the banquette seating you know deep down you really do. I think it will look great.
ReplyDeletePlease, please do it! That space is begging for it!
ReplyDeleteThen you can have all of us over for Banquette Brunch!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you liked it! :-)
That nook needs banquet seating. It wants to forever be joined together with banquet seating. Don't keep it from its dreams!
ReplyDelete