Red peppers, rosemary and basil for this batch of seed starting. Peas and lettuce are going in the ground today (B's mom is coming down to help me turn over the gardens). The starts along with seeds for squash, tomatoes, cilantro and pumpkins will go in the ground in mid-May.
Anyone else getting a start on their gardens? I'm looking forward to it this year!




Thanks for the reminder! I always forget that I'm supposed to do this BEFORE I want the plants in my backyard.
ReplyDeleteI am starting mine tonight! Yay! Great minds think alike. I'm so ready for spring. It was supposed ot be 55 today and I woke up to snow. WTH?
ReplyDeleteOh, FUN! We've moved so I won't have a big garden this year, but I'm thinking of doing some smaller porch-appropriate pots anyway. If nothing else, I'll definitely do some tomatoes!
ReplyDeleteI probably won't plant the cold-weather stuff outside for another week or so because we always seem to get a freak snow over spring break.
ReplyDeleteI'm not even sure that I'm going to start much from seed this year--the local high school's FFA does a sale the first week of May for all the veggies that they've been growing, and they're 50 cents to a dollar for mature plants that just need to be transplanted!
My husband brought home packets and packets of seeds to get us started this year! We're going to try tomatoes, onions, lettuce, sunflowers and maybe green beans? I'm excited!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletePlease help me be awesome like you. Last year I spent a literal fortune because I was too lazy to plant seeds and just bought the plants instead. I really should do this. Unfortunately, I have a black thumb and kill anything that doesn't have a drip line directly attached to it.
ReplyDeleteoh gosh- I have to get going!
ReplyDeleteI moved my cute little onion sprouts into dirt and out under the grow light last night, and moved some pepper sprouts under the light from on top of the freezer at the same time. I'm going to start other things in a couple weeks, there is still a foot or two of snow on my garden so it might be a while til spring!
ReplyDeletehow do you get basil started?? i planted some seeds and put it on my windowsill and it had tiny little buds on them and then they died and now its just a pot of dirt :( think i have a black thumb.
ReplyDeletebut your blog is amazing and gives me so much inspiration! i have tried countless recipes
I've just barely started thinking about my garden...but I'm not educated enough yet to know when what should be planted. Last year I tried the seed pod things like yours but.......I'm not good at watering. I've realized I just need to spend the money to buy the pre-started ones. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteYou are my hero! Every year that I have attempted to start seeds, I have failed misrebly. Not sure what I do wrong each time because it is not rocket science, but they shrivel and die. And I end up having to spend more money on plants. Grrrr. But I am right there with you on the bring on spring sentiment!
ReplyDeleteI need to do this yet and place my order with Burpee. Ack!
ReplyDelete