I was looking for a shape similar to my green glass lamps - but not green or glass. Since, you know, I have those. And I suppose a girl could overdo the lemongrass green.
So, let's look at the poorly scaled before (the IKEA Astrid lamps are living a bright and promising life in our guest room).
And the white ceramic teardrop after:
Mr. B's nightstand. I feel like Jack Welch should sue Charlie Sheen for stealing his book title as a personal phrase. No clue who Jack Welch is. Or what Winning is about. I should pay more attention to my husband's MBA.
And my nightstand. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that you only need to read the first 50 pages of any Malcolm Gladwell book. Unless you really like reading the same sentences and examples every 50 pages.
I woke up yesterday and rolled over to turn on my light and was confused as to who's room I was in. But early morning confusion aside, I love the update. It appeals to my "Something's Gotta Give-urban" style*.
*Do you guys watch Secrets of a Stylist? I like Emily's designs (in general) and fresh approach for American HGTV (I've tried unsuccessfuly to subscribe to/stream Canadian HGTV), but B can't stand her made up design styles. At first he refused to be in the same room with me when the show was on, but now we laugh our butts off and make up design styles for each other with completely opposite and non-sensical adjectives. B's totally Conservative Hippie Mad Men Walmart Luxury. It's a fun game. What would you be?







Love the new lamps! I've been looking for ways to update several of my rooms lately, but have been coming up with nothing.
ReplyDeleteAnd where did you get your duvet/comforter? I have been looking for one for just about forever, and I love the one you chose!
I love those lamps. They fit perfectly in that room and with your decor.
ReplyDeleteI love those lamps! I totally understand multiple trips to every TJ Maxx in the city in a day's time. You've got to get it before someone else does.
ReplyDelete@Nicole - I picked that flowered quilt up at HomeGoods in February. I believe the brand was StyleHappy. The velvet duvet (our winter bedding) is from Overstock.
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know that secrets of a stylist was finally actually airing. I tried to tivo it after the last Design Star but finally gave up after almost a year of nothing coming up.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I totally like the new lamps and how the bedroom is coming together as a whole. Very cool!
Love the lamps and I make multiple trips all the time. At the moment I am searching every HomeGoods and TjMaxx for one more pillow that I need to complete the set and its proving to be unsuccessful.
ReplyDeleteI love the lamps!! Right now I am on a lamp quest myself for my bedroom. I have found a few I like, but they still are $40 each and I always have a hard time shelling out that much money! I need to just get them.....they are at TJ Maxx and things don't last long there.
ReplyDeleteJust in case you were not kidding - he was the CEO of GE and is very famous for his management practices (he made six sigma relevant).
ReplyDeleteLol, thanks Alex! I did actually know he was CEO of GE, but didn't know about his impact on six sigma. Good to know!
ReplyDeletelove 'em! and once again, I love the quilt and LOVE the baby sittin' on it!
ReplyDeleteYeah. I really like these! I'm beginning to really 'get' why lamps are so popular. They really do add a little something to a room. (I'm a slow learner.)
ReplyDeleteI really like the white.
They look great. Makes such a big difference, the before wasn't bad but this is better. I'm about to start my own lamp searching trip- one for the console table and another for the dresser. I love your style name game...but I'm to tired to be creative right now. How about- Colorful, Fun, Beachy, Relaxed, Preppy, Hides Dog Hair style?
ReplyDeleteLove those lamps - they make the room look so much more finished. Especially with your new-ish duvet. I love how Thomas is just chilling on the bed in the picture - he is too cute!!
ReplyDeleteUm, those lamps are perfect for your room! Love them!
ReplyDeleteI love the change! The really work and are more substantial than the previous lamps! Great update!
ReplyDeletei got the same lamp for our living room to replace on the dogs knocked over and broke and i love it! target always comes through.
ReplyDeleteGreat lamps! Also, I love your take on Secrets of a Stylist. That show drives me crazy. I hate how she brings them in halfway and again at the end. Half the time she ends up taking away the only parts of the room I liked. Plus her style names are totally ridiculous!
ReplyDeleteI like the cutie in the middle of the bed playing with his toes. His outfit matches the bedspread, don't ya know.
ReplyDeleteWow, I love your bedspread. So cheery and springy. But I live in Minnesota so I'm a little desperate for anything cheery and springy (we're still buried in snow).
ReplyDeleteAnd as a random aside - I actually love Gladwell's books. But I need the repetition so I have a better chance of remembering more of his main points. Yeah, so I'm a slow learner.
first off, those lamps are beautiful. i love the curvyness mixed with the simplicity of white. totally gorgeous - and looks perfect with the bedspread. the baby doesn't hurt either! :)
ReplyDeletesecond, b's style name is cracking me up. don't watch it so i don't know exactly what her names are, but you have me cracking up over here!!
Love those lamps! They look perfect on the nightstands. I am right there with you on striking out at Homegoods on lamps. I have now had like six fruitless searches there for a lamp for the nursery. Maybe I should hit up Target...
ReplyDeleteMy bedroom is pathetic in comparison. Those lamps are hawt!! I've been MIA for so long I didn't even know you have chic new bedding. Best accessory ever though: baby Thomas.
ReplyDelete