Pin It button on image hover

Monday, May 2, 2011

May Goals



April was kind of a biatch.  I told B the other day that I was "in a mood" and he said, "Em, you deserve to be in a mood".  Which is true. But I'm choosing not to be from here on out.  We have a healthy and happy son and dwelling on the what could have happened scenarios isn't going to get us anywhere.  But April? Not so great on the goals. I committed all my time after the daycare fiasco to holding Thomas close to me, trying to cram his childhood development into the short awake periods between his naps, and cranking out work during naptimes and after B got home at night.  And let me tell you, that's no way to live. So luckily we have found a solution to bring that work-life balance back and it's going swimingly right now.
So, onto May.  With brighter spirits but more timid hearts.  If anyone has any recommendations for first birthday gift ideas for friends' kids, I'm all ears!

7 comments:

  1. What a great image to remember your goals for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April was a rough month for us too. May will be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your goals for May :)

    Our most-used present from Lizzy's 1st birthday is this (and it's gender neutral): http://www.amazon.com/LeapFrog-Fridge-Phonics-Magnetic-Alphabet/dp/B000096QNK/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

    But, I know a lot of people are against electronic toys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. A first birthday party for Thomas! I can't wait to see what you decide about all the details. Because we may totally mimic you! Torsten and I are already discussing how much of a party we do or do not want to put on for Callum's first. (Yes I do realize he's only three months old. What's your point?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This month is going to be AWESOME for you.

    And Thomas... overnight at grandparents. How stinkin' fun!

    So I should be expecting Thomas' invite this month? ;)

    And PS. Is it wierd that because you have an iPhone, I totally want to video chat with you. No one I know in real life has one, so I've never gotten to test out the Face time. I'm a wierdo. Do you ever play word with friends, though? I just play a little and it's pretty fun scrabble game.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure May will be much better. Cant wait to see what type of party you give Thomas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry about the rough month but I hope May will be awesome for you. I can't wait to see Thomas's 1st birthday party.

    ReplyDelete