Every now and then I come across a quote that just speaks to me. I'm currently reading Every Last One by Anna Quindlen and stopped in my tracks when I read:
This is what I dream someone will one day describe my house as - pretty and unprentious. Lived in. Comfortable. Warm. Friendly. And definitely filled to the brim with Thomas's (and any future McKiddle's) sports equipment. I don't have a desire for fancy vingette displays; just a pretty, practical family home. What about you?
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I totally, completely, thoroughly agree!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso... I love that you're calling them McKiddles. ;)
Ditto. Like I said last Friday, I want comfortable, relaxed, kid-friendly, lived in.
ReplyDeletePS- How do you like the book?
What a lovely sentiment. I too hope that my house has a warm, lived-in feel. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteDitto that my friend! I was sitting there feeding Gabe today, staring at the ball pit, the walker, the large thing with flashing lights and animal noises plus the baskets of little crap and laughed at my old thoughts of keeping baby things hidden. I've obvs. gotten over that real quick. A good balance is a nice thing to strive for.
ReplyDeleteDitto on that. But our house was mostly Karate equipment, baseball bats and gloves and books stacked all over. Does that count?
ReplyDeleteWe had a bunch of a people over for a shower this weekend and one of them commented that our house was so relaxing and "beach house like". Made my day!!!!
ReplyDeleteI have Anna Quindlen's book. did you like it?
ReplyDelete