For the countertops, we're going with Silestone's new color Marengo. I was really liking Caesarstone's Concrete color, however our kitchen counters are two square feet bigger than a slab of Caesarstone will cover. And with Caesarstone, the only option is to buy full slabs. Thankfully, Silestone - which allows you to buy just what you need - just released their new commercial series including the cement-like Marengo. I'm thrilled.
So with the countertop replacement, we decided to undermount the kitchen sink. You know how some people have weird things they're picky about? Apparently kitchen sinks are on my list. Who knew? I've been around the dish washing block a few times and shallow sinks and I do not see eye-to-eye. Luckily, our current sink was a good 7 1/2 inches deep so we got along just fine, but it was also a double basin sink. I didn't think much of this until we brought Thomas home from the hospital and were trying to give him a spit bath in our sink. Impossible. And post c-section the last thing I needed was to kneel over our bathtub. See how I'm still reliving this over a year later? Yeah, scarring birth experience literally and figuratively. But I digress...
The soon-to-be former sink. It will live a lovely new life with a Craigslist family, I'm sure.
Enter Overstock. I cashed in some credit card points and ordered our sink and faucet the day I finalized the Silestone order. And when it came, our countertop guy was astounded by the quality of the sink - and he couldn't believe how little I paid for it. Which is funny because I thought it was still a bit hefty in the price department, but whatevs.
I had originally picked this faucet, but it doesn't have a spray water mode. That was a deal breaker for me, so a slightly less sleek handle was my compromise for water that can both stream and spray. And it's gorgeous. So that's the current status of our kitchen semi-overhaul. I get more excited with each coat of white cabinet paint.






gorgeous. i think you picked a great one - i would love a single sink -- i can NEVER fit any large pan in our double one without soaking myself!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see the final kitchen remodel!
I cannot WAIT to see your countertops, and that sink is fabulous. I love undermount sinks - I think they look so darn classy.
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be amazing! And I totally am with you on the spray water mode. Who knew we were so picky about faucets, too?
looking forward to seeing the finished product! :-)
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the big reveal--I think the undermount sink was a GREAT choice!
ReplyDeleteNice sink! I am undecided on double basin vs. big single basin. I have a double basin, and like being able to wash in the right side and air dry my non-dishwasher-safe pots & pans in the left side. BUT...I have never tried to bathe a baby in it, and have a feeling it would be way too small to do the job.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait for the big before & after! Give us lots of details on the cabinet painting experience!
We're total opposites on the sink preference...ha! I love my three basin sink. Enjoy your big basin!!!
ReplyDeleteExcited for you - can't wait to see the "After" pix.
ReplyDeleteYou'll love the countertops. Last month we upgraded to granite which I love but I think I love the faucet I got from Amazon just as much as my countertops! We were told we should get a new garbage disposal when I purchased our countertops which I hadn't planned on buying so you you may want to budget for that.
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see it when it's done! I so feel your pain here- we painted our dark cabinets white a few years back and it was the most ridiculous, time-consuming project EVER, but well worth it.
ReplyDeleteLove your countertop choice, I may have to check that out for my kitchen. I'm trying to decide whether I want to get new countertops or appliances first.
ReplyDeleteYAY! Things are coming together. We added silestone last summer, the color looks simliar to yours, and I love it! I love that I can just set hot pans and cookie sheets down. It turned out that we both had big sink opinons too but they didn't line up. I wanted single sink, deep, white farmhouse or white under mounted. He wanted side by side, and over mounted. In the end I got the big white one, nice and deep, but it is over mounted.
ReplyDelete