Pin It button on image hover

Monday, September 19, 2011

Biology

My college roommate got married on 9/10/11- it was such a beautiful day! Brie and I went to high school together, but because our high school was the size of most people's towns, we knew of each other but didn't know each other well. Enter the first week of college and we were assigned to the same sorority rush group, ended up joining the same house and never looked back.  But our little roommate love story isn't the point of this post. Brie's mom's good friend was my high school Biology teacher. I was not the world's most attentive science student.  I can just imagine how this must be a teacher's worst nightmare: You've spent ten years trying to disassociate the name Emily with your least favorite student, you show up at your friend's daughter's wedding and there's that least favorite student standing up with the bride.


So, midway through the reception, I'm introduced to the husband of my former Biology teacher.

Introducer: Em, this is Mrs. B's husband, Steve.
Steve: Emily! I've heard so much about you from Mrs. B!
Me: Uh oh.
Steve: All good things.
Me: I'm sure. I wasn't, how shall we put this? The easiest science student.
Steve: I can't blame you. What are you up to these days?
Me: Oh, I'm working in Marketing, I'm married and we have a little boy.
Steve: Then it sounds to me like you learned everything you need to know about biology!

6 comments: