Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Updates

The kitchen backsplash is done and ready for a post...but, I can't find my camera charger and have a dead camera battery. Soooo, just a little update to let you know I actually have updates but no photographic evidence of them until I finish tearing my house apart to find that charger. But, I do have some life updates from the iPhone from the last month:



Thomas is a full-fledged toddler these days, and it's so much fun. He's running, kicking, jumping, climbing - into cabinets and onto furniture - our hands are full and our hearts are happy!

B and I met at the University of Colorado. The entire time we were there our football team was pretty pathetic (and cloaked in scandal after scandal). But there's still something about our Alma Matter that makes us crazy every Fall - despite a really rough few years. We missed the first home game for my friend's wedding, so we kicked our CU football season off with the annual game against Colorado State...and we crushed them.

Thomas - who stayed safely with his Grammy and Grandpa while his parents tailgated and pretended like they were in college, again - is a Buff in the making (or anything he wants to be other than a CSU Ram).



And, I went a little overboard at the store yesterday when I came across a display of canned pumpkin. I haven't been able to find canned pumpkin for months, and word of a shortage made me panic as I threw can after can into my cart. The checker thought I was crazy. She may be right.




 And also, a little plug:  Blindsaver.com is hosting a window treatment contest on Facebook. You submit a photo of a window in your home that needs a makeover to be entered to win a single window treatment for one window in your home (up to a $750 value) . If you have a sliding glass door or big picture window to cover, this would be a great contest to win. If you need window treatments, give Blindsaver's Facebook page a "Like" and check it out. What do you have to lose?  (Disclaimer: The company I work for has a working relationship with Blindsaver, but I was not asked, enticed or required to blog about the contest. I'm just spreading the word because I think it's an awesome prize that might appeal to some of my renovating readers).

So that's what's going on at the McKevitts and has been captured by my only working camera. I hope to be back later this week with kitchen photos.

12 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Thomas in the cabinet. He is just too cute!

    I've been hearing of a pumpkin shortage, too. But, I keep forgetting to look when I'm at the store. It didn't affect us last year. I'm happy you'll have plenty of pumpkin and I am looking forward to seeing what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I never heard there was a shortage, but I would certainly profess that there is one! I have had to go to three stores the past month multiple times looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thomas is such a cutie! I can't wait to see the backsplash!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate pumpkin, lol. I want to like it, but I just don't.

    Also, thanks for the plug about the blinds! We DO have a slider that has nothing on it, and I could desperately use something since the sun is BLARING right at dinner time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm on the horn with St. Anthony to find that charger because I am on the edge of my seat to see that backsplash. Ok, maybe not the edge but I *am* looking forward to it.

    And dude, we've got little boys! Like real boys! Gabe now climbs on and off of the sofa by himself. In fact, leaning over precariously to swat at the lampshade is his new favorite hobby.

    I feel like the pic of T holding the football is foreshadowing the future. Like that will be his senior portrait. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was all set to make pumpkin cookies and the big king soopers and safeway on 144th were both out. I couldn't believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pumpkin shortage? I must get to the store and see if I can stockpile some.

    Thomas is so cute - I love that photo of him on the bike. He's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no! I only bought two cans of pumpkin! I may have to go back and see if there is more!! You can never have enough canned pumpkin.
    Oh, and your little pumpkin is adorable as always. This is such a fun age!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Last year there was a supposed pumpkin shortage so I bought multiple cans when I saw some at my store. I'm pretty set for this year -- I think I have 3 or 4 cans of 15oz and 1 24oz can.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cutie! I am with Kim...love the picture of him in the cabinet. I had not heard of the pumpkin shortage. I definitely need to stockpile some too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Thomas is so cute! I love the "look over my shoulder, I'm super smooth" on the bike move. And of course his CU football gear is great. My store finally has pumpkin. I might have bought 14 cans, maybe not, but probably.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thomas gets cuter and cuter every day!!

    ReplyDelete