When we hosted Easter this year, I had printed out the Eighteen25 Spring subway art and my mom walked in my door and said, "This is adorable. I want you to print me one. Right now." Well, then I made the mistake of mentioning that the blog had subway art for every holiday (well, Christmas through Easter at the time) and she said "I want you to print all of them for me. Right. Now."
Patience has never been Caroline's strong point. For Mother's Day I bought her a frame and had every existing subway print printed for Caroline and I promised to print every other holiday for her for the year. Year long gifts are Caroline's favorite kind.
So anyway. Enter Caroline's favorite season, and all of a sudden holiday subway art isn't enough - we need seasonal art. I swear I've been asked once a week if Eighteen25 has their Halloween print yet. So, in an effort to appease my favorite mom, I told her to make me a list of her favorite things about fall and I'd do my best to make her a print. And this is what we came up with:
These are Caroline's favorite things - my mom drives a VW Beetle and she literally puts a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils (You've Got Mail, anyone?) in the bud vase every Fall for back to school. We needed one more item for the list, so my mom turned to my dad since this would be on his mantle, too.
Caroline:Honey, what's your favorite thing about Fall?
Papa McD: Football.
Caroline: We've got that (sort of).
Papa McD: The World Series!
Caroline: Huh, never would have thought of that one.
The weather's been cooler this week here in Denver and I'm feeling the itch for sweaters, my crock-pot and pumpkin everything. What are you most excited about for Fall?
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I love You've Got Mail and I love that you Mom does that!
ReplyDeleteDo you want to know why we are flip sides of the same coin? I just (last week) ordered a bundle of those Subway prints from Snapfish to put in frames for cousin gifts this Christmas this year (we exchange at Thanksgiving). I was planning to pair it with a few simple reversible table runners if I have time to make them. Now, I need to add a fall art version, too. =)
ReplyDeleteWe are awesome. =)
And now I totally want to make a bouquet of #2 pencils. Thanks for the idea, Caroline.
ReplyDeletei'm so glad that freshly sharpened pencils made the cut! :)
ReplyDeleteDefinitely looking forward to "Sweater weather"...cool and crisp and New England fall colors and hot apple cider with cinnamon...my favorite season of the year...can you tell ?
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice daughter you are! I love fall, but we've had gray, chilly, ongoing for the past two days- not so fun. I like the leaves, cider, yummy pumpkin and apple foods, fall decor and our anniversary!
ReplyDeleteI love this!!! : )
ReplyDeleteThis is adorbs. I'll probably be printing it this weekend when we finally get to the 60's and I hurry up and bust out my fall decor before it gets warm again.
ReplyDelete