Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Kitchen Centerpiece

I just got a new kitchen table and chairs (to go along with the completed banquette...3 years later...so hold your breath for a post on that one!) in our breakfast nook, and since I'm madly in love with this table, my old standard centerpiece (or what some would call Thomas's shoes and Casco's leash) just wasn't going to do. So when I saw this Better Homes & Gardens idea on Pinterest, I beelined for the nearest Hobby Lobby to pick up some greenery and berries. I already owned my signature green colander and a green candle, so this was an inexpensive little project (especially since all Christmas items were 50% off).  For a girl who has always operated under the "I don't really decorate for the holidays" motto, this is big, friends. The Hobby Lobby Christmas aisles were a new experience for me, but that's another story. 


I'm kind of in love with the new centerpiece. The colander makes it so kitchen appropriate. More on the table, chairs...and banquette soon. I promise!

7 comments:

  1. I'm chanting BAN-QUETTE! BAN-QUETTE! over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Can't wait to see the banquette! I also think your colander is pretty awesome - would be a great centerpiece even it is didn't have the greenery and berries :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo! How cute!! I've been looking for colander craft ideas since I have a cute silver pineapple-cut-out one that I love but the man of the kitchen has banished from said kitchen...
    and I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BANQUETTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I might be stealing that. I'm always looking for a reason to buy the fun colanders at homegoods. Can't wait to see all the new kitchen additions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! My red colander is totally getting put to work for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Emily!! I love this so much! You have gotten me hooked on that particular shade of green and whenever I see that color I think of you!

    CANNOT WAIT for banquette pix!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I esp. love the lime green strainer. It looks so cool! And perfect for the kitchen!

    Welcome to the dark side, friend. Soon, you'll be putting up 12 Christmas trees. ;)

    (And I may be going in the other direction. I only put up three trees this year and I'm thinking of purging the rest.)

    ReplyDelete