I have so much happening house-wise right now, but no pictures to share yet...so let's ramble today, okay?

- You may have heard that the Broncos signed Peyton Manning. Or you may have missed that news...maybe it wasn't shoved down the throats of America as much as it was the throats of Colorado residents? I'm not thrilled. Not that I dislike Peyton Manning - I always liked the Colts because of him, but I just don't understand why we'd pay 96 Million over 5 years for a 36 year old quarterback who just missed an entire season due to injury and multiple neck surgeries. Especially when we have a young quarterback with potential who led us to the playoffs for the first time in 6 years after being named starter partway through the season. And now Tebow will likely be traded, and after he named his dog Bronco and everything. Mr. B tells me this is why I'm not making business decisions for professional sports teams, because I'd keep everyone who named a pet after the team. Sure, honey, that's why I'm not making business decisions for the Denver Broncos. But anyway, John Elway and I are fighting...I'm sure he cares.
- Thomas's new room is truly almost done. The big things are done - I finished the Roman Shades over the weekend, the furniture's in, all I need is the decorative touches - then I'll share pictures of the whole room. I love it.
- McKiddle #2's room is a work in progress - in my head, since I refuse to make it a new baby's room until Thomas is officially and happily in his new, bigger room. I had originally thought I'd just tweak the room when the baby's born if it's a girl and leave it as is if we have another sweet boy (I have absolutely no inkling one way or the other this time), but I couldn't pass up an opportunity to redecorate, so that reasonable plan's out the window and we'll start working on the nursery in April after Thomas is officially moved.
- All of our cooler weather seeds are planted - Mr. B ended up building up the garden into a raised bed this year. I'm excited to see what grows, because I know that it's not all going to.
- I made these Pizza Rolls for a neighborhood get together on Saturday, and they were a huge hit - with adults and kids alike. I'm always hunting for good appetizers that aren't chips and dip to take to parties or have out when we have friends over, and these will happen again.
- I also made OMG Chicken last week (using 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt in lieu of mayo) and it was so dang good and so easy. I love simple, basic meals that taste good.
- I loved all of your envelope system budget questions last week - I tried to answer all the questions in the comments, and when I had a chance click over to answer them specifically on your blog if they were linked. So if you asked a question, check the comments from last week's post, and let me know if you have any other questions. I'm far from a budget expert (and fall off the wagon, too!), but with that disclaimer out there, I'm a budget nerd and love talking about it.







Can't wait to see your updates! I pinned that OMG Chicken and now really can't wait to try it. :)
ReplyDeleteI've been wondering what you thought of the Manning stuff. I'm in Illinois and it's been shoved down our throats, too. Can't imagine how much you are hearing about it.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing Thomas's room. And to see what you are doing for the nursery. No rush or anything. As long as you let us know by tomorrow. ;)
Yes I live in CT and Peyton Manning isbeing crammed down our throats too. I will come right out and say it but I very much dislike Manning, acually I don't like either one of the brothers. I ca't figure out why theB Broncos paid so much for a QB with injuries for 5 YEARS! That is crazy!
ReplyDeleteI've been eyeing that OMG Chicken! Glad to hear its good!
ReplyDeleteI have also been thinking about OMG chicken- glas you liked it! I will try it out soon.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I wondred if you would ever do a grocery post. I have a hard time budgeting for groceries, so maybe seeing someone else's would help. I haven't found many good grocery budget lists online.
Thanks for writing about my chicken dish! It's one of our family favorites! So easy and so yummy. I totally need to try it with the Greek yogurt next time :-)
ReplyDelete~Veronica @ The Enchanted Cook
i can't wait to see Thomas' and the baby's room!
ReplyDeletehow fun!
I may be in the minority here, but I love Peyton Manning. But then again, I graduated from The University of Tennessee, Peyton's alma mater, and grew up in Knoxville, where UT's located. So I watched Peyton play and give so much back to our community beyond the 4 years he was in college. I'm honestly disappointed he ended up with the Broncos b/c we were hoping he'd sign with the Titans. My husband was also shocked that Peyton picked the Broncos over the Titans or even the 49ers, but he may be biased.
ReplyDeleteWere local businesses in Denver offering Peyton free stuff to sign with the Broncos? I live in Nashville now, and a local restaurant chain offered Peyton free pancakes for life, Nissan offered him a Titan truck, and a radio station temporarily renamed their station after him. When he came to talk to the Titans last week, you would have thought he was the Pope with all the coverage of his every move. I promise, us Tennesseans had quite a bit of Peyton overload! :)
As far as Tebow, while I think he's a wonderful person, as a quarterback, he's not that great. Florida is one of UT's biggest rivals, and we had to endure 4 years of Florida designing their offense around his style of play, which is not typical of an NFL QB.
I'll get off my soapbox now. Just wanted to give a different perspective of the Peyton free agency saga! BTW, Love your blog!
Can't wait to see the new rooms! I like to pretend when #2 comes along (a long long time from now)that I will be reasonable and leave the nursery "as is" if it is a boy. But when I am being honest of myself I know that will never happen. Redecorating (especially for kids) is just too much fun.
ReplyDeleteI love Peyton Manning but then again I am a Colts fan. I was broken hearted when he left the Colts! Then again I like Tebow as well. Just be happy that Colorado has a decent team because let's face it the Detroit Lions (hometown team that I refuse to root for) are just horrible. I do however feel like Andrew Luck has been shoved down my throat...I choose to keep up on Peyton.
ReplyDeleteIt's 6 am & I'm sitting here nursing Quinn & about dropped her when I read you're expecting McKiddle #2!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!! Congratulations, Em! That's so wonderful. So so so over the moon happy for you, B, & Thomas! (Can't wait to see the nursery, get on that, mmkay?)
ReplyDeleteI'm a Peyton fan (not just fairweather either, have always loved him) but even I had to wonder...$95 mills--what if he gets seriously sacked in that first game?! Where will we be then?
Then my mind drifts to "I wonder where the Mannings are going to live...wonder what their house will look like. When is the best time to drive by sloooowly to stalk it so they won't notice?" I'm *think* their house will have a privacy gate so this could be difficult.
Yup, this is my brain.
Can't wait to see the new baby's room. And great idea with the OGM chicken. I saw it but didn't pin it because of the mayo (which I'm ok with but only in small amounts). I'll have to try it with the greek yogurt.
ReplyDelete