Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I Wonder If I Could Get Cheek Implants...

I cut my hair today. It's been nine months in the making, which when you consider that I could have carried and delivered a child in that amount of time, seems like a bit of overkill. But I have hair issues, and have to talk myself into these things - I'm comfortable with it long and straight, but when it gets too long and straight that it finds itself being pulled up into a low bun everyday, I know it's time for a cut. I don't aspire to have the librarian reputation at my super hip internet start-up office. Plus, I wanted my hair long and classic for the wedding. But my hair is thick and heavy, and it's been driving me crazy.

Before, on a rare good hair day when I left it down (getting ready for bachelorette madness with my girlfriends)!


And how it normally looks, pulled back and nun-a-licious.
So I've joined the housewives of America in the post-wedding hair chop club. This was the goal, but with less heavy bangs because I have a threehead rather than a forehead, and bangs are risky for me:


And this is the after, same idea, but without Katie's fabulous bone structure and creepy husband. It's give and take, you know:

8 comments:

  1. OMG I SOOOOO LOVE IT!! Yes, I'm yelling, I love it so much. And you are gorgeous, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great and really healthy short! Like you I LOVE katie's hair and just chopped mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Short Hair Club! it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!! Oh my goodness, it looks AMAZING on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks great! You are every bit as sexy as Katie! I just got my hair cut today!!! (Before I read this post, crazy, no?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!! Look at you sexy girl!! I love it!! Have you always had long hair or have you gone back and forth?

    I did the post-wedding hair chop, too! I'd had long hair my entire life, but 2 years ago I cut 15" off and donated it to Locks for Love. Here's a pic of me at the hair salon--right before the big donation! http://tinyurl.com/55289h. Even though it's been 2 years, I still think of myself as a "Long Hair", lol.

    I only wish my most recent hair cut looked as good as yours Em!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Um...or that'd be a pic of G and I at Lake Tahoe, lol! But you get the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You hair looks amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete