Pin It button on image hover

Monday, August 18, 2008

What Do You Think of Our Latest Improvements?

Our weekend consisted of lots of rain, a leaky roof vent, repairmen, the world's loudest fans, and holes all over our house. We're really proud of our new look, what do you think?

The fans and dehumidifier are the best accessories we've found, they take up floor space that we weren't using and really add a certain je ne sais quoi to the space:



I especially love the holes in the ceiling, I think they add an extra something special:




I'm partial to the holes in our baseboards. And the corner that they tore out of our soaking wet load bearing wall:



But I really love our master closet. Look at that beaut:



Mostly I love that the damage is not anywhere near as bad as it could be - the floors are intact, the walls are drying out well, and I now have a really good reason to decide if I want to keep or change the living room paint color. But the fans, now those are special. Casco is terrified of them and B and I can't hear ourselves think over the noise.

3 comments:

  1. If that fan doesn't say "hawt interior design" I don't know what does =)
    Ugh, so sorry you had to deal with that! I couldn't believe all that rain we got. We didn't budge the whole day except to take the dog out. Of course I saw about 10 peeps running miles out in that torrential downpour. Geez, only in CO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow - that stinks! but on the flip side - I guess this means that we bloggers will see alot more of the coveted home improvement pics via emily :)

    YEA!

    k

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, you poor girl!! And your poor house! I'm so sad for you. =( And I think now would be a good time for you to come stay with me.

    ReplyDelete