1. Pull together your ingredients. You'll need a red bell pepper, an onion, 2 low fat Italian Sausage (or really any meat of your choice - we like the zest of the sausage with the carmelized veggies), 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil, 1 - 2 Tablespons of Sugar, Pizza Sauce, Mozzarella Cheese and a Pizza crust dough of your choice.
2. Chop up the onion. Chop her good. Don't worry about the tears you're crying, it will be worth it in the end. Throw the onion in the skillet with the olive oil and sugar and cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes. Try not to eat the carmelized onions now.
3. Toss in your chopped and seeded bell pepper. Cook together with the onions about 5 minutes. I often shorten the cooking time. B finally said to me "Remember the first time when you REALLY sauteed the veggies? It was the best that time". So take that to heart - REALLY saute them if you want to impress.
4. Meanwhile, boil your sausage to get it cooked up. When it's boiled through (about 5 minutes), slice it up so you have round sausage pieces.
5. Take your already made pizza dough and spread it out on your pizza pan or baking sheet. If you don't have a pizza dough recipe you love, I'd suggest my family's secret recipe. It's easy and delicious.
6. Spread your pizza sauce (store bought or homemade, feel free to guess which route I take) on top of the dough. About a 1/2 cup'll do ya.
7. Top with some mozzarella.
8. Add the veggies to the top of the pizza. Then add the sausage you cooked and sliced up.
9. Cover with more mozzarella. Because Pizza needs cheese. And if you don't eat cheese, you don't need to exercise. And your running shoes miss you. It's the circle of life, you see, so don't fight it.
10. Bake according to your instructions for your dough - in my case, at 425 for 13 - 15 minutes.
Eat this in front of the Biggest Loser on a Tuesday night. If you eat one slice, feel good about yourself for eating like the BL gang. If you, like me, are trying to solidify your spot on next season's The Biggest Loser, then feel free to eat it all. Or half. Speaking of the BL - I'm done with it. I didn't think this would happen. Ever. But Vicky's eyes (and let's be honest, personality) creep me out and Heba is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. And the commercials within the show drive me insane. I can't stand them, and they make me hate every episode. Seriously - if you ever see Vicky on the street, Stop. Drop. And Roll. Ok. Rant over.




OMG - I'm ROFL at your family's secret recipe.
ReplyDeleteI was gearing up to be really impressed at a homemade pizza crust. =)
Still impressed though, it looks delicious.
Now that does look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI hear you on BL. Seriously. It's disappointing. I'm in dire need of my tivo for those mid show commercials!
I really really used to dislike Heba, but somehow Vicky overcame that lol!
I am loving your family's secret recipe!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to try this. It is like you hand-picked this recipe for me and my new pizza fetish!
LMAO @ "It's the circle of life, you see, so don't fight it."
ReplyDeleteYou know, we've never made our own pizza before. I'm dying to try this recipe. Thanks girl!
Ugh, the Biggest Loser product placement:
ReplyDelete"This banana fudge pudding cup is only 60 calories! And if I add some NEW Cool Whip in an aerosol can, it only adds 20 calories more. That's a great snack for less than 100 calories. Like, I would totally rather eat this than a real banana sundae." Ha ha ha!
Vicky might just be the worst TV villain of the year. Seriously.
"19 year olds don't have jobs that lay you off"
ReplyDeletePoor girl! I'm so happy you got your wine in the end!
3 comments on one post? That's gotta be a record. Now to my latest point--your new profile comment made me giggle at first but then I thought--GASP!--is she dissing Forks?? As in Forks, WA? As in Twilight?!?! Please say it isn't so!!
ReplyDeleteWe make pizza every Friday night to go with our movie night. I am always looking for ways to change it up, my kids like their Hawaiian pizza, but I want something different. Looks delicious.
ReplyDeletehehehe- trader joe's also has really good pizza dough. And they make a pesto one.
ReplyDelete