Pin It button on image hover

Friday, November 21, 2008

Tackling the Home Office

When I posted the house "before and afters", I mentioned that my office was my arch nemesis. My blog friend (and sort of neighbor with real life mutual friends) Freckles Chick commented that she loved my office and that it had tons of potential. I commented back asking if she'd lost her mind.

Imagine my absolute excitement when I got an email. It was the middle of a workday when we'd learned that there would be layoffs. Seeing the subject "Hi! It's Freckles Chick!" made me smile and think, job schmob, I've got my blog friends. Anyway, FC wanted to know if she could whip up an idea board for our office. I was very excited. Then, she sent me the finished product, and she had whipped up TWO idea boards. They were amazing, and now I get to make them a reality

Go here to see FC's awesome idea boards.

So, plans firmly in place, it's time to tackle the office. Beginning with furniture rearrangement and trashing of unnecessary clutter. It will be a multi-step process.

But, here are the embarrasingly cluttered, purpose lacking and abandoned room befores:




Stay tuned!

7 comments:

  1. Em!! You rock my world, seriously.

    Can't wait to see what you decide to do w/ the space. And you know what, the crazier the BEFORE pics (um, you've seen my kitchen), the wow-ier the AFTER's are. Whatever you do, I'm sure it will be far from "imperfect". Also, holy crap, you have 3 of those fabulous damask boards!

    (Hey, I didn't mention the "P" word once but I'm leaving that honor for Katie.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freckles Chip totally rocks!

    I cannot wait to see it ((waiting in anticipation))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see the after pics! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love your office area. I wish I could have one just as nice. Can't wait to see the finished product! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see what you do - how cool that she offered to help you. I have windows like that in my office, hope you have some good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, she makes it look so easy!!! Great idea board, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh--can't wait to see what you do, Em! I'm so excited! (And I need something to be excited about again after my Twilight let-down. Yes, I'm still pouting.) =(

    ReplyDelete