Pin It button on image hover

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Homemade Holiday

B has two nephews and a niece. I have two little "nieces" - my cousin's little girls, but my cousin is practically my sister, which makes her kids practically my nieces.

The littlest one is turning one right before Christmas. I take Christmas birthdays VERY seriously. Any kid ever born within two weeks of Christmas on either side of the holiday will be spoiled rotten by me. We Christmas babies have to stick together. I've gotta teach these kids how to stand up for themselves and say "We will not accept birthday gifts wrapped in Christmas paper".

We're doing books and games across the board for the kids for Christmas this year, but I couldn't resist a little bit of homemade holiday when I saw these shirts that Meg made at Whatever:


I ripped the above t-shirt off 100% - from the exact shirt to the pattern of the number, for my little love's first birthday. And I wanted to make B's niece a shirt with her initial on it, too.

They're definitely imperfect, but as we've already established, that's how we do things around here.

10 comments:

  1. Adorable!! I love your idea about spoiling Xmas babies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those shirts are so freakin cute, I love them. I need to try and make one now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Make sure to get pics of the kids in the shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. shoot girl - you know I got the fever...making little baby clothes then flaunting them in my face is making it burn brighter and hotter! Watch out hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Meg's 'Whatever' Blog! She is so crafty (oh and her house is AMAZING). You did a wonderful job on those shirts! They're so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, what about spoiling New Year's babies (like me)? Not that it's all about me or anything.....

    These are too freaking adorable. The kiddos are going to love them. I see an etsy store in your future =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just squealed out loud.

    They are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're great - we do one of these for birthdays and they are the favorite shirt for the entire year! It's become our tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, Em--those are adorable!! They're going to love them!!

    ReplyDelete