And the quick stand-in as Fall approached:
I really didn't like the blue and red - it's just not me. But, I couldn't find pillows I loved at any of my normal stops, either. I was cruising through World Market when I found these napkins. I loved them. And when I saw that the napkins were 20 x 20, I knew they'd make the perfect covers for my 19" square Pottery Barn pillow inserts.. And, better yet, the brown warms up my signature green, making it acceptable for winter. After purchasing $19.98 worth of polka dot napkins, I headed next door to Target Boutique and found this pack of four brown napkins on sale for $5. One super quick and easy sewing job later, and I had new pillows. And I made four of them, with two brown napkins to spare, for $25.What do you think? Is this sufficiently un-summer-ized without sacrificing my green?





Fabulous!! I love the polka dot pattern, love that shade of green, and love that you sewed them yourself!
ReplyDeleteTotally cute! I love it :)
ReplyDeleteI have some blue & brown toile napkins that I picked up at a small boutique with the intentions of making pillow covers out of them. Your post just gave me the motivation to get started on those :)
Aren't you innovative. I love them! And, what a steal of a deal.
ReplyDeleteLove them! Super cute! Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteyou crafty girl!
ReplyDeletelove it!
Can I send you the napkins I bought in Spring to do this same project?
ReplyDeleteSo impressed -- they look great!
Great job!! I love them!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute and creative idea! I love the green!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back! LU-OVE the new pillows. You got some skills, girl!
ReplyDeleteThey look great! I love the green-brown combo.
ReplyDeleteHELLO! Remember me?? Oh how I've missed you!! Are we headed toward a strange place if I told you I've thought about you almost daily while I've been on my blog hiatus? LOL! Sad, but true. We need to exchange email address, I think. I'm SO EXCITED to catch up on your blog and see what you've been up to! And I'm starting now--so be prepared for some major commenting coming your way!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute--I love them!! And very clever with the napkins! *high5*
ReplyDeleteI love them, what a great idea. I love pillows and think you can never have too many.
ReplyDelete