Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fa La La La La

I've been tagged twice, how exciting! The first tag is from the darling Prius-driving, Christmas-decor-loving and all around wonderful Kim over at NewlyWoodwards - she invented a Christmas themed tag, and I couldn't be more excited to be one of the first recipients. Thanks so much Kim! The rules are to share your Christmas traditions, and then pass the tag along.


So, here are our traditions old and new:

1) Sending out Christmas cards to friends and family.

2) Christmas light tours - B and I hop in the car and explore the neighborhoods looking for the best lights.

3) St. Nick's Day - In my Irish Catholic family growing up, St. Nick's Day was a huge deal. And when we have kids, there will be shoes laid out by the chimney before they go to bed every year on December 5th. But, we decided to start our own St. Nick's tradition, too. B and I use December 6th to decorate our tree and exchange ornaments that represent our year together.

4) My mom's Christmas Cookies

5) Stockings. Traditional, right? Wrong. I have a very sad youngest child story for you all. My siblings had stockings that my mom made for them with their names embroidered on them. Guess who never got a stocking? Baby Emily. Sad, no?

6) Spending Christmas Eve with B's family (New).

7) Spending Christmas morning together as our own family (New).

8) Spending the afternoon and evening on Christmas day with my family (New).

9) The Christmas book. My mom kept this exact book (from her favorite illustrator) the last few years we were at home, and she gave us all our own 5 year memory book last year.

10) The Resolution Run - I started running this race with my family on New Year's Eve while I was in High School and it's become a tradition - we all run a 5K before heading out to party all night long.

I tag All Things G&D, Kari, Karen, Meredith, Sarah of Simply Living and WEHolmans


I'll get to the next tag tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Love that memory book..

    How sad about the stocking!!! =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool that you all go for a 5k before New Years. I can't imagine doing that- but good for you and your family! (I love that you have a day for decorating the tree- that makes it special.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, thanks for the tag! :D That's so sad that you never had a stocking. :cry I hope you're making up for it now. And very neat about the NYE 5K! We have a New Year's Day race here, but it's too damn cold (and I'm always too hungover) to do it. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete