Pin It button on image hover

Monday, December 22, 2008

Office Makeover Part 1

Remember when Freckles Chick put tons of time into helping me figure out what to do with our home office? First things first, I needed to find a chair. And while my first thought was to road trip to Utah to get the IKEA chair FC suggested, I thought there might be a way to get that white slipcovered chair without risking my life to an ice storm on I-80.

My mom had this low green chair with modern lines sitting in the storage side of the basement at my parent's house:

AllI needed was some inexpensive white cotton duck:
And 10 yards of draping, cutting, pinning, tucking and sewing later, we've got this:Please forgive the wrinkled, loose slipcover and unhemmed edges - it still needed a run through the washing machine and a quick hemming job. You'll see the very finished product when I finally take good pictures of the sort-of finished office.

11 comments:

  1. ooooh - can't wait for the finished product! I love me a good room makeover...if I could get an unlimited supply in some sort of book, that would definitely be on the christmas list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your creative thriftness!!!! But I do get all kinds of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see it all done!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the lines of that chair! I can already tell that slipcover is going to look wonderful. I wish I had the sewing cajones to make a slipcover -- maybe a tutorial is in order?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard Denver will open up an Ikea in about a year - I hope it's not just a rumor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Em! I'm so impressed! That's a great chair, and your slipcover is looking fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, your comment on my Christmas Dinner post cracked me up! I'll set a place for ya, girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice chair…. well, I'm looking for some great office chairs this time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. *bouncing in my chair* I can't wait to see what you've done!

    Once again, I'm insanely jealous of your sewing skillz. What a transformation already--it's starting to look like Ikea Chair's sibling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and guess what--Ben & Sara got engaged on Christmas Eve!! (We're watching Frisco while they're away when they called w/ the news.)

    ReplyDelete