Hello, there! Did you think I'd forgotten about you? I'm back with part two of our office makeover. We're not done yet, but it's in a livable state. And I'm no longer totally embarrassed that this room is one of the first you see when you walk in our front door. There's a lot to do, but we'll get to that later.
Let's take a quick look at the very cluttered, unorganized and purposeless befores:


Yikes. Anything's an improvement on that, right?
Freckles Chick pulled together two different idea boards for me to work from. She's amazing. I'm temporarily working from the first mood board because it didn't involve painting or new furniture and I was facing unemployment at the time of this makeover :)


We ended up having to move the bookshelves from the windows in order to make the long skinny room work. Still needed: window treatments, manzanita branches to add height, re-pot the plant and new lamps and accessories.

I kept the three memory boards for now until I make a decision on window treatments. I like that the three boards mimic the window, but not enough to keep them. So we'll see where that takes us.

And, the chair. This chair and blanket held me through nailbiting teenage vampire stories.

So that's our office for now. No huge changes, but furniture rearrangement and organization goes a long way. What do you think? Thanks again,
F.C. You're one of a kind!
It's looking great! I can't wait to see all the little details and window treatments you decide on.
ReplyDeleteYour office is looking mucho fabulouso! And I love the slipcovered chair in there - looks super comfy!
ReplyDeleteIt's really coming along!! I love the colors you have chosen!!!!
ReplyDeleteI really liked desk open to the room rather than against the wall. I wish our office room was big enough to not have the desk against the wall.
ReplyDeleteOtherwise, I love the ideas and colors. Can't wait to see the finished product!
i like it but i like furniture coming out into rooms like "The munns". and that looks like the perfect chair for a vampire obsessed reader!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a big change! It looks great.
ReplyDeleteMunns and Liz - I liked the floating desk in theory, too, but it didn't work for this room (see before pictures with cords galore!).
ReplyDeleteOur office is the first room you see, also. Right now, it is completely empty, except for a white loveseat. My husband, though, wants a HUGE presence in the room, so we will have to wait until we agree. Yours looks great - I love anytime you post about your home.
ReplyDelete*blushing* Awwwww, thanks Em.
ReplyDeleteIt's looking fab!! I like the new arrangement b/c it defines your work area and the sitting area. And draws the eyes to those great windows. Moving the shelves was a great idea--why didn't I think of that?!
That chair and that throw--LOVE. Such a great pop of color.
Is the lamp base of the eiffel tower? Tres chic!
Oops, posted under the Hub's account in the above comment!! That was me =)
ReplyDeleteIt looks GREAT!! I love the colors and I'm SOOOO jealous that you have a room like that!
ReplyDeleteI love the the colors of this room! Where did you get the book shelves? I have been wanting something exactly like those.
ReplyDeleteLooks great Em! I just love that green desk chair--so cute!
ReplyDelete