I think these wicker lamps from Target are so unique and fun, I'd love to play with two of them on our sleek black console table:
Aren't these seagrass cubes great? Two of them would make an awesome coffee table in a smaller room.
I've had a crush on West Elm's diamond jute rug for a long time - too long really. In fact, there may or may not be a restraining order preventing me from coming within 100 feet of our local West Elm. Sucks, there's a really good burger joint next door.

Remember my infatuation with everything supershoppertoo has done to her house? Well, she's back with a natural tablescape. A simple bamboo runner is just fab, no? Notice the sisal rug under her table, excellent combo of natural textures, without taking the theme too far.

Now, as with all things, there's a fine line between sophisticated and a 1970s mountain cabin (where I would be happy to drink spiked hot chocolate with you, just give me a call). I was happy to discover that I've already introduced my "theme limit" of one or two items per several rooms. Like my dark wood table chargers and jute rug in the dining room, and that burlap headboard glamming up the master.
What about you? Are you loving the rustic texture that's everywhere you turn these days or are you steering clear? Anyone want to jump on the natural bandwagon and stop shaving your legs with me? I 'm told it can be quite liberating.






I really like that rug from West Elm!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh. Supershoppertoo's table. I die!! Ugh, I love her house.
ReplyDeleteI got West Elm's catalog this week and I noticed how everything was on the more natural side of design. I almost lost it looking at it. Thinking about all of the decor changes I'm wanting to make this year... I'm definitely leaning towards natural.
ReplyDeleteI adore the natural stuff - it is so full of texture and goes with anything! And yes I will stop shaving my legs with you...oh wait, I already do that :)
ReplyDeleteNatural design can be so much more than just household furniture and rugs- check out this link . . . http://www.naturalwovencoffins.co.uk/
ReplyDeleteI think it is a little humorous, and goes with your new decor ideas. = ) maybe . . .
The lamp is adorable!! I can think of a few places I could put it too...hmmmm
ReplyDeleteHear hear! Infusing natural fibers into a room has my vote. And *sigh*. I love that table setting of yours.
ReplyDeleteDon't worry, I'll stage an intervention if I see the slightest hint of a dreadlock, scent of patchouli, or aversion to deoderant.
I'm loving all things natural, and just had to add--this post totally cracked me up. Like at West Elm taking out a restraining order on you, lol!! Love it!
ReplyDelete