Pin It button on image hover

Sunday, January 11, 2009

A non-blog? Nonsense!

Remember when I "didn't have a blog"? Yeah, me too. B loved those days when I paid attention to our conversations. It's been a year exactly since I created this little puppy as a "non-blog" to leave non-anonymous comments on my cousin's blog. And a little over 6 months since D over at All Things G&D held me to the wall and threatened my life (or, to withhold wine if we ever meet in real life...same dif) if I didn't start writing on the blog. Here's how it all non-began:

Friday, January 11, 2008

I don't have a blog

I don't have a blog but I really like reading yours. You can feel free to look at these words and then leave me a comment, it might give me some encouragement. I only created it now because, well...my last name will be changing in 6 months, and I'm a planner aheader and wanted to grab this URL before anyone else. Maybe more selfish than a planner aheader - can you be both?!

Until I come around to the idea of talking about my pretty average but super fun life -- don't worry, I'll be self-effacing and derogatory-- enjoy my non-blog, and thanks for entertaining me with your real one!


Can I just say how much I've loved it and all of you? Thanks for taking an interest in this imperfection, I just giggle with joy when I read your comments.

And now, I've checked my FeedBurner stats. There are a lot of readers that I don't know. So, if you want, take this as your invitation to de-lurk. Tell me a little bit about yourself. I'd love to get to know you. And don't worry, I haven't read a Twilight book in over a month, I don't bite. Anymore.

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to start your blog!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a lurker as you know by now, after reading the ever witty comments I leave on your posts. But, I remember the day you left a comment on my blog, which in turn led me to yours. I mean, we have obvious similarities: Colorado, blogs, sense of humor, all around superstar appeal-HA! Your blog completes me, Em =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a lurker either- but I would like to say that I love your blog. I admire your sewing, cooking, and decorating abilities. I also respect your ability to write in a way that draws complete strangers in. (Like myself). Thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm Kari, I think you know that I read your blog though. I love your blog, it makes me smile and sometimes just straight out laughing out loud. I'm so glad you started this blog, it's one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No lurker here but I'm glad your blog turned into a functional one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey girl - non-lurker here. of course you know that. Anyhoo, I loved your blog since the day you posted about the giant weed :) I even made Jeremy read that post! I am glad you decided to make your little place in this world a non-non-blog because I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I found your blog via thenest. So, pretty much same story as all nesties - seminewlywed, 20-something, blog about food decor and my fab life with DH and furbaby. = )

    I started my blog for OOT friends and family, but now I have actual visitors that I do not know, so I try to keep it a little interesting and not make every post about our sometimes mundane life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've loved your blog for awhile - not a lurker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not sure if I've introduced myself yet! I stumbled upon your blog through my google reader recommended feeds, and your Christmas letter hooked me. Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I'm a lurker, found you through someone's blog, probably a nestie. You crack me up! Keep non-blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm definitely a lurker... I may have left one comment. I love reading your blog though. I found your blog by noticing you left a lot of comments on other blogs I read. Glad you started one. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emily,

    I think you know me. We used to work together. You were my work wife. Now you're my work ex-wife. I still enjoy you just the same. Guess we should've signed a prenup.

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is one of my favorite nestie D&R blogs!!! I am posting your tag tonight on my blog, thanks for tagging me!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  14. I found your blog through FC's blog. I love your humor and down to earth posts! Keep 'em up : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I stumbled across your blog recently and love it. You've inspired me to try and make a DIY headboard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! What a great post, Em!! I'm so happy your non-blog turned into full-flegded blogliciousness. (I sometimes make words up after I've been drinking. I have a feeling you do too, since we're soulmates and all but if not I know you'll at least get my fake words.)

    I LOL'd at "B loved those days when I paid attention to our conversations." Add G to that list as well!

    Well, 6 months into it and you've fulfilled my threat...er, I mean your promise! I'm so happy you did b/c my blog life wouldn't be the same without you!!

    ReplyDelete