



I'll see you in 40(7) days Diet Coke, Chocolate, French Fries and Brick Breaker. Sundays were not a free day growing up in my parents' house, so they're not a free day for the new McKevitt family either.
I love Lent - it's one of my favorite things about being Catholic. Every bad habit I develop throughout the year I write-off by saying "I know I'm addicted, so I'm going to give it up for Lent". The list of things I've promised to give up grows every year. What can I say? I'm imperfect.




When lent it over, do you always go back to the "bad" habit? The only time I ever participated in Lent was many years ago- I gave up pop (us protestants need to learn a thing or two about ritual) and after it was over, I really didn't ever start drinking pop again. Does that ever happen to you?
ReplyDeleteImperfect? Puh-shaw! Loveable? Yes.
ReplyDeleteA friend suggested I give up blogging for Lent. After I declared our friendship over, I told her I am so glad I'm Buddhist right now =) Mr. FC said he's giving up home reno's for Lent. Um, hope he's not serious.
Good luck, Em!
Wow you are much tougher than myself...I gave up dt coke and sweet tea, but dont' take away my chocolate!!!
ReplyDeleteTaryn - I always try to stay off of Diet Coke once Easter comes, and the last two years I've been successful for a couple months, but I usually fall back on it at some point - maybe the third time will be a charm.
ReplyDeleteBrick Breaker! That is a good thing to give up. The game isn't even fun; I don't know why I play it...it's just...there.
ReplyDeletelol @ brick breaker.
ReplyDeleteFor the record, after being a migraine sufferer for several years I've noticed that in the past year without DC I have not had a single one . . . nor do I miss DC.
ReplyDeleteI'm not Catholic, but I am intrigued with the idea of Lent and giving up things for Lent.
ReplyDeleteAs for DC, I had given up all soda for a period of time...but it is a slippery slope and I chose diet over regular (for the most part). After reading your post, I may just quit cold turkey again.
good luck with all of those! especially the DC. i swear, it's literally addictive.
ReplyDeleteand to add to what leah said - my husband was also having really bad migraines. he stopped drinking diet coke, and hasn't had one since...
I'm actually in the process of becoming Catholic, so while I always used to give up something like soda or gum for Lent, I thought this year I should do something bigger. Rob suggested we increase our weekly offering at mass. The protestant in me thought "but, but, but!!" and then I knew what I needed to give up. ;) Darn him, why does he know me so well?!
ReplyDelete... so there's that, and staying away from Cadburry eggs until Easter... which is always tough ;)
Okay - you are twice the woman I am by giving up Diet Coke for 40 days. I could never do it! Everytime I say I will cut back I find myself pumping quarters into our vending machine at work before I even realize what I am doing, ha ha :)
ReplyDeleteI gave up Diet Coke for Lent, too! I already miss it!
ReplyDeleteI am not Catholic but I love Jesus - and always try to give up one thing - this year (that's right, I am an overachiever!) it is soda...good luck on brickbreaker...that would be a tough one :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I am not Catholic, but this sounds like a really good idea.
ReplyDelete