So, here's what the Nester suggests for your kitchen.
1) Unclutter. I strive for an uncluttered kitchen everyday. It doesn't always happen, but I try.
2) Shine the Sink.
3) Clean off the Refrigerator. We never have anything on our refrigerator - it's part of my uncluttering.
4) Incorporate Fabric. Other than white drapes, no fabric. I'm not a fabric-y person. Makes things feel too country to me.
5) Emphasize Seating. We're struggling with this one. The rug came in and doesn't look right.
6) Consider Lighting. Adding a lamp to the countertops would...get this...defeat my "nothing on the countertops" mantra. So it's not for me. I like it in other people's houses, though.
7) Add Beauty. Working on an uncluttered, un-knick kancky beauty if I can get my hands on those IKEA lack shelves.
So, the only thing I could do when Nester suggested it was to shine the sink. So I headed over to FlyLady and followed her steps.
I started by filling each side with hot water and bleach and let those sit for an hour. Then I rinsed, and scrubbed each side thoroughly with baking soda. Then using a knife, my fingernails and q-tips, I cleaned around the faucet, under the rim of the sink....everywhere. I rinsed everything and dried it all, then windexed the sink.
How do you love your kitchen?




My sink could truely use a sparkle....Now I can see where that would really add something to your kitchen! I love the idea!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had a sink to shine! Mine is white porcelain and it's so old that it has stains that won't even come off when I soak the sink in bleach - eek!
ReplyDeleteLooks great! Doesn't a shiny sink really make you feel cleaner somehow? I always do instantly!
ReplyDeleteDon't know if you know about this product - but Barkeepers Friend works wonders on sinks - I just get it at the grocery store and it's super easy. Probably doesn't keep the shine as long your method - but i like it! :)
been following that ol' flylady for YEARS now.. so happy you followed baby step #1 ;)
ReplyDeleteI tried to keep up with FLY lady and just can't - but I always do shine my sink!
ReplyDeleteI also think there are a lot of fabric choices that are not country. I don't like the country look - but I LOVE what fabric can do to a room. Just a thought.
I second Barkeeper's Friend, it works wonders on my old porcelain sink.
ReplyDeleteI'm loving your sink, it looks great.
My sink is cast-iron and white. It looks shiny and new all of the time. The sink is one of the first things I replaced when I moved into my place.
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing better than a clean shiny sink!
ReplyDeleteMy eyes! Muh eyes! That is one shiny sink. This is something I never do b/c I didn't know I should. It makes such a difference!!
ReplyDeleteAnd your comment on my faux vs real orchid is getting printed and framed b/c it is THE best one I've ever received. It deserves a post of its own. I esp. loved your bewbie implants terminology. Who knew?? =)