Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Summer Dreams

It's time to start thinking about my summer uniform: skirts and t-shirts.

Above is my Summer 2008 uniform. Knit skirts (with pockets!) from the Gap, V-neck t-shirts and flip flops. I adore working in the casual internet industry. I own the above skirt in every color: Navy, Gray, and Cream. I think I wore one of them each day without fail from mid-April until October. I would have walked down the aisle in one of those skirts if my mom would have allowed it. And the good news is my skirts are in fabulous shape, so I intend to wear them all summer again.

But, in the interest of adding some dimension to my summer uniform, I went back to my favorite summer skirt shop to take a look at what they can outfit me in for 2009. And here are the contenders:



Gap's Summer Skirts. With pockets. I think every skirt should have pockets, don't you?

And Gap's Striped Shirred Skirt.

19 comments:

  1. Yes!! I want summer!!! Those skirts are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wear skirts all the time during the summer. Guess it's getting time to break out the tanning lotion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that last skirt (especially in the blue colors). It's perfect for frolicking around in the warm weather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them!!! I might have to get them for my up coming trip. Thanks for putting it out there....you know starting today you can get an extra 30% off at Gap..maybe I will buy them today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also really love the last skirt.

    Totally jealous that you can wear these babies to work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Green one- but I love almost all things green and all things Gap so I might be biased . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all. And I love the cutesy pic of you on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oohh ... I want the green one. Gotta love skirts and flip flops after a long winter of pants and layering.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ok, maybe I need to take some advice from you and change up my uniform of jeans and a ratty t-shirt... I think I might look more like a girl if I switched over to the Emily uniform! Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How cute are you with your glass of vino?

    Love the green skirt, and since it's kinda your signature color, I think you'd better get it.

    Love the Gap skirt, too.

    I'm totally jealous that you can wear that to work. =/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not only should all skirts come with pockets, but they should also come with a beach, sunset, and a glass of wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Go green. It's your favorite right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I live in skirts in the summer, too! Love the ones you picked out--so cute! And I agree--pockets in skirts are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the picture..can I borrow your beach?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want summer and skirt weather!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're adorable!! And the glass of wine is THE perfect accessory.

    Thanks for posting this. I love skirts w/ pockets. I get all excited when I see celebs wear fancy gowns w/ pockets in them for the awards shows, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love skirts to especially with a pair of rainbow flip flops. I recently got a sewing machine and I hear that basic skirts are pretty easy to make so I just might give it a try. If you get a chance stop by and see my new spring DIY wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the pockets. I might have to swing by the gap this weekend. I just saw an old navy ad that had some cute summer skirts and dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am so ready for consistent spring like weather! Once I get those flip flops out there is no going back!

    ReplyDelete