After my sister-in-law and I made the Burlap Upholstered Headboard with nailhead trim in January, the four poster bed went to the bigger guest room to act as a bed frame for the mattress that was on the floor in there. It was a temporary solution - one that was much too big for a not very big room.

After buying our king mattress, the mattress company sent us a coupon for accessories. So I marched over to the store this week, coupon in hand, and brought home a full sized bed frame for $9. Then my mom and I disassembled the four poster and brought up the wicker headboard that was in my room for about a year as a kid.
But I wasn't feeling the wicker. It was screaming 1989 more than 2009. So I bought four yards of classic ticking stripe fabric, some natural colored muslin, and whipped up a slipcover for the wicker.

I love ticking and I love this solution for the guest room. Please excuse the wrinkles, I don't iron things that people flop on.
So, what do you think? Now I have to tackle the rest of the room - beginning with window treatments for that awkward square window. Any awkward window solutions out there?




Looks great Em! Can't wait to stay there again :)
ReplyDeleteWay to go!
ReplyDeleteI love it! Are you going to forgive me if my old white wicker headboard that is identical to that one shows up in my three year old's bedroom??? Augh! Now I'm nervous! :)
ReplyDeleteOoooh so clever, once again!! The ticking fabric is SO classic. Your guests will feel like they're in the Hamptons.
ReplyDeleteHow about a white roman shade with a contrasting border for that cute little window:
http://www.decorpad.com/photo.htm?photoId=12287
BTW, I'm totally stealing your burlap headboard idea and making my own this weekend for our MBR.
Love it - what a great idea.
ReplyDeleteLove it - what a great idea.
ReplyDeleteyou are AMAZING! That headboard is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteThat looks great.
ReplyDeleteApparantly, we were separated at birth because in addition to the dining room table, I have the same headboard. I kinda like it for now, but now I know if we have a change, I can just "whip up" a slipcover. =)
Looks good and stylish. :)
ReplyDeleteOooh that fabric is so nice...I wanna use that in a guest room now...if only I had a guest room that I could redo right now!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, looks great!
ReplyDeletevery classy! i would have done something insane like try to spray paint the wicker. have you ever tried to spray paint wicker? well, don't.
ReplyDeleteThat is GREAT! I love the shape of it.
ReplyDeleteYou are so talented ! Great idea to simply slipcover your headboard.
ReplyDeleteThe window, hmmmm. I like FC's idea. I might switch the endtables around, add a simple cream or white fabric tablecloth to the large round table with a bit of navy trim, and then use the same fabric on the window for a simple panel with navy trim, with a swag to the right. Just a thought.
Ooh--more ticking! I love it!! I'll be over this weekend. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd what the hell? That IS an awkward window. Hmmm...
Beautiful headboard!!! I linked this to my ticking fabric project post too, lovely!!
ReplyDelete