Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Well, Hello Old Friend

Look what just happens to be a few blocks from my hotel.

Too bad I can't fit a couch on an airplane. Or kitchen cabinets. And really too bad that the thing I REALLY WANTED to complete my porch (and could have been a carry-on plane item/shipped to my house via the post office for about $5) was sold out. What are the odds? Seriously IKEA, remember when we went on a break? I mean, I'm not a fan of threats or anything, I'm just saying...

(PS - My mom told me I needed an attitude adjustment when I called to say I was only at IKEA for an hour and spent no money, which brought back memories of the time she told me when I had just started dating B "If you and B ever break-up, you have to remain friends because he's the only person who's agreed to scatter my ashes over Detroit Lakes when I die". At least I know up front that when it comes to me vs. B or IKEA, Mama Caroline will choose the latter.)

7 comments:

  1. I know exactly where you are - we lived in a city closeby for almost 5 years and that store was mayhem when it first opened! Have fun - I love that area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been in an IKEA?? OMG....I know, but I can imagine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the photo and I just snorted my water. Seriously...now my boogies are all soggy. TMI...sorry. So glad that you are at an IKEA - makes my heart skip a few beats :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love IKEA! We just bought a few things for our new place there last weekend. Honestly, though, I just went for the frozen yoghurt and hot dogs (but in reverse order).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so bummed they were out of your item. Nothing can be easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That IKEA is a fickle lover. A fickle fickle lover. One of these days he's going to wake up and realize that you need to get your needs met, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The thing about Aunt Cal reminds me of when she told us about her "special" soap lol!

    ReplyDelete