We have a corner of our bedroom that's no-man's land. When we find a solution for it, I'll post a picture, but until then, we'll stick to inspiration. I've been thinking a sitting area - one cozy chair, a soft blanket, good reading light.
And while this post was specifically about a chaise in a nursery, it had me at hello. I want this. The polka dots. The chaise. Those exact kids. Bliss.
Anyone have a seating area in their master? Do you use it? Would you go chaise or chair? Anyone have two cute kids aged 5 and however old that baby is they want to lend me for a while? I'll supply the polka dots.
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









We don't have room for a sitting area in our bedroom. But I do have one in my spare bedroom and I often go there to read or do school work if my husband is watching TV in the living room. Really, the only reason we have it is because our entire living room set wouldn't fit in the living room in this apartment, but I have started to love having the cozy spot there.
ReplyDeleteI like the chaise idea. I love to lounge! I love to lounge with green polka dots too- I wonder how hard it would be for you too get those kiddos . . . good luck!
ReplyDeleteI love the polka dot chair!!! It even has your shade of green.
ReplyDeleteWe moved a rocking chair into our bedroom when we had the baby. We used it when she was first born, but haven't been using it lately. (Unless you count holding clothes and pillows!)
In the first picture, those are the smallest shoes ever for an adult's room!
ReplyDelete"Those exact kids" made me laugh. Also, we do not have a no-man's-land corner of our bedroom, but only because what WOULD be that corner is taken up by the dog's crate. Classy!
ReplyDeleteWe have a small loveseat in out bedroom. It is actually our oldest sons bed at night. So we do use it daily, though not for reading or something for myself.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I do have an almost 5 year old and two 2 year olds you can borrow anytime!!
I have a spot specifically reserved for a chair and ottoman in our master if I ever get around to finding one that's not from Pottery Barn and $700 dollars :) I was going to go with a chair and ottoman because it seems more versatile to me than a chaise if we ever needed to move it to a different room. Paul and I had a chaise at our old apartment, and they are actually really impractical as far as laying out a room goes!!
ReplyDeleteLove the chaise. Cannot wait to see it.
ReplyDeleteWhenever we've had a chair in our bedroom, it has turned into a laundry catcher. This doesn't happen when there's not a chair in the room-then the laundry goes into the basket. I can't explain the phenomenon, but despite the cozy look the chair in the bedroom just hasn't worked for us.
ReplyDeleteI'm finally back from my trip and wanted to pop over and visit my lurkers. Thanks for your nice words and de-lurking wishes!
ReplyDeleteAnd I have a seating area I JUST got in my master bedroom and I don't use it a ton, but it is the cutest chair and pillow ever, so I just love laying in my bed and looking at it.
I like the chaise idea, and the green dot one is great! We have a papason chair in our room, but mostly it is John's clothes catcher (grrrr). If we ever get our new house, there is a little sitting area under the dormer windows in the 2nd floor hallway. I can't wait to pick out a comfy chair, a pretty pillow and soft blanket for the spot.
ReplyDelete