Pin It button on image hover

Monday, September 14, 2009

Fall Football

My parents lent Mr. B and me the DVDs for the first two seasons of Friday Night Lights last fall. We stared at them in our TV cabinet for a year. Because getting into a new TV show is an investment - a time investment and - for me - an emotional investment. I know, sad really.


But oh, have we fallen hard for Friday Night Lights. Like, about ready to pick-up and move to a small Texas town so that we can watch REAL high school football on Friday nights and breed starting quarterbacks obsessed. Seriously.

We love this show. And I love Kyle Chandler - have since he was saving the world one news story at a time on Early Edition. And B loves Minka Kelly. So we both win.

Anyone else a Kyle Chandler Friday Night Lights fan? Or have the same commitment issues with new series that I do? Which fall shows are you ready for?

13 comments:

  1. I love Friday Night Lights too. I thought Justin would as well, because he played football. But nooooooo. He hates it so much that he won't even be in the same room when I'm watching it. So, although I own season 2, I haven't finished it.

    As for fall shows, I'm nerdishly excited for Bones and Lie to Me. We both also like Fringe and Dollhouse, but those end up being something we catch up on online if we have a whole free day. Yet another reason I need a DVR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same issues with series as you do! ha. I have always wanted to watch Friday night lights but couldnt' fall in the rut! I am jealous of small Texas highschool football....I mean my favorite movie of all time is Varsity Blues

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am absolutely the same way. We haven't started Lost yet even though everyone raves about it because I know I just can't do it until I'm out of grad school.

    Have you heard of Roku? We just got one to complement our Netflix subscription and it is AWESOME. It's definitely dangerous though, lots of new shows just waiting for me to become addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally thought this post was going to be about yesterday's awesome Broncos game. But this is good too!

    The only show we're planning on watching this fall is House. In the spring we'll add American Idol and 24.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ADORE Friday Night Lights!! I just wish I had DirectTV so we could see the season when it's actually on rather than when they decide to entertain all the other lowly cable subscribers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not watched Friday Night lights. I'm sure I'd love it.

    Skip Texas - You can move to my little town.... it sounds pretty similar. Pretty football obsessed. Like, even now. And I'm not even a huge football fan. Plus, I'm here so it's a win-win.

    I like Grey's Anatomy. That's really the only show I currently watch. I don't watch a ton of TV anymore because it's a major time-suck for me. I get addicted easily.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband and I LOVE Friday Night Lights! We actually just moved to Austin (where it's filmed) and I have already had one FNL sighting... Julie, the daughter. Aledgedly the cast lives in our apartment complex when they're in town filming, but I haven't seen them around yet. Still hoping to see Tim Riggins at the pool. ;) Apparently they started filming season 4 about two weeks ago! Check out my blog... I'll keep everyone posted on more sightings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have loved this show from the beginning and can't wait for the new season to start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love FNL. If you have netflix you can watch past seasons of the show instantly online...great for works trips! I am still working my way through season 1. I am hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE Friday Night Lights! Best show on tv by far.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I know this is a totally random comment but this post popped up in my alerts. I'm a fellow blogger and just recently got into FNL as well. I loved it so much I created a fan site for it. Kyle is so amazing as Coach Taylor. I can not believe the show does not get any more press than it does! Anyway, if you want to visit the site, it's http://www.fridaynightlightsfan.com

    Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Read the book and it will totally ruin any enjoyment you could get from high school football. It was probably in the lowest 10% of writing quality I've ever seen in a published novel. It made me never want to watch the show.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved Early Edition- what happened to that?

    ReplyDelete