Pin It button on image hover

Friday, October 23, 2009

Game Time

Wanna play a game?  I like to call it "Help Emily decide which sconces (if any) to put on her Christmas and Birthday lists".  The space over our dresser is bare.  I have plans for it.  But I'm not sure which plans I like.

Plan A: Frame our favorite wedding photo.  Put two sconces on either side. Please note that I would try to make the frame bigger than the sconces.  My photoshop skills and patience limit my to-scaleness.

Option 1 - Black sconces:

Option 2: Mirrored Sconces:

Plan B: This is Mr. B's choice.  Flat panel mounted above the dresser (we do watch TV in bed occasionally, but not often).  Then take the no-man's land corner where the old TV is and turn it into a comfy sitting area.  

Option 3: TV


So, what would you do?  Plan B is the only real option for a sitting area.  Plan A would require a little TV innovation in the other corner (not yet seen b/c it's just that ugly) to take it from dorm room drab to newlywed fab.  So which option do you prefer over the dresser?  And a little note to Mr. B - a TV is not on my Christmas or Birthday list.  But a chaise could be.

31 comments:

  1. I would go with the TV. Mainly because we have one like that and LOVE IT.

    I also watch entirely TOO much TV, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go with the TV. But only because it is fall now and cozying up with hot chocolate in bed and watching a movie with the hubs sounds very inviting to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. option #1 or #3 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the first sconces- so pretty!!

    but i'm also biased against a tv - we had one and tony would always stay up watching it (of course some dramatic stressful show) and then once he turned it off, would fall right asleep - leaving me lying awake for like an hour trying to relax!
    so now we don't have one and i love it! (but i totally understand people who do have one!)

    also - is your laundry room off of your bedroom? that is awesome! how convenient!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think deciding between the sconces and the TV is completely a personal decision...it's hard to say without seeing the other side of the room and I think it depends on what it more convenient for you guys.

    But if you go with the sconces, i LOVE the mirrored sconces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm ... I'd have to go with a t.v. but probably only because we haven't had one in our bedroom for 3 years and sometimes there's nothing better then watching t.v. in bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We never use the tv in our bedroom - unless you count me occasionally bumping my head into it as I walk by as "using". I vote for the first set of sconces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire - Yep, that's our laundry room - just steps from our room and a future baby's room. I do love it - but the laundry still piles up, not gonna lie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the first scones. I don't have a TV in my room for the first time in like 6 years and I'm loving it. I feel so much more relaxed in bed and sleep much better because I'm not up until all hours of the night watching TV.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Go with the tv. When your hubby has a strong opinion, most of the time it is best to go with it :) Plus, a sitting corner sounds fab.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like option #1, but then again I don't really care to watch TV in the bedroom! Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm- why am I always the odd ball out when people ask for opinions? seriously. I vote for 2. I liked the mirrors.

    I (like claire) can't watch tv before bed. It wakes me up. In college Chris would put the tv on a timer and fall asleep with it on- I could NEVER do that! So, personally- I vote for no tv. but that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I say that if the TV would be used, go plan b. It still looks sleek and it would be nice to have a sitting area.

    ReplyDelete
  14. As much as I love TV, I'm a staunch no-tv-in-the-bedroom believer. Therefore, I vote #1.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like #1. I don't care for TV's in bedrooms. With that being said our new house has a sitting room in the master suite so we did break down and get a TV for the bedroom. It is a separate area so you can't see the bed from the sitting room and vice versa. As much as I hate TV's in bedrooms, I have to say I am enjoying getting ready for bed and into my PJ's then watching the late night news in the sitting room before I head to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the black sconces - esp with the black frame on the wedding pic....

    but on the other hand - if you really think that you'd make enough use of the tv and/or the sitting area - then that is certainly practical too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. TV all the way! It just looks more balanced : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Mr. FC says the TV. Of course. He won't read my blog yet he feels obliged to comment on yours. Ha!

    I say the mirrored sconces.

    BTW, I have the first set of sconces from ZG and they aren't as pretty in real life as I thought they'd be (they're still sitting in the basement if you're interested, LOL.) So I say definitely the mirrored ones--so glam!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like the contrast that you get with the dark sconces in option #1. Tell Mr. B that sconces are sheaper than a flat screen. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love the TV! Or the first option if no TV.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Rob says about 5 times a week: "I wish we had a TV in the bedroom". And I'm ashamed of myself because I said I'd NEVER have a TV in the bedroom... but I wish we did too. ;)
    So make your husband happy and go with the TV. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am not a TV in the bedroom fan, mainly because I can't sleep if it is on. So my vote is for #1.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like the first sconces.

    ReplyDelete
  24. OK, I vote for the mirrored scones, either on either side of the wedding picture, or on either side of a silver TV. But, I'm a strong advocate for no TV in the bedroom. Just sayin' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I had to laugh at your third choice, that would be my husband's choice too. I say go with the TV because it looks great there and put the sconces in another room or wall.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Personally I would go with the tv. I love to watch tv lounging in my bed, and I think the flat panel mounted looks much better than my old 19" sitting on the dresser. Flat screen tv is definately on my wish list for the living room and bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'd do the tv, too. Because you mentioned that not putting it there will make the layout of the room a little awkward, right?

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd go with option B (the TV) and start shopping for a chaise lounge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I like A, the black sconces. I love your dresser! And the fan! Where are they from?

    ReplyDelete