My dear, sweet grandfather passed away in his sleep on Saturday morning. He was my closest grandparent my entire life - he lived here, he lived for his family, and he didn't miss a thing. Soccer and lacrosse games, swim meets, awards banquets, school pageants - God was he patient and loving.
Grandpa Bob was on vacation in Minnesota - he'd just visited his home town, and was in Minneapolis visiting my aunt and uncle. He saw the things and the people he needed to see. I cried a lot on Saturday morning, and spent Saturday afternoon (along with my uncle) trying to get things fixed with the out-of-state return of their rental car. Since Saturday I've been up and down, but honestly, I'm crushed.
Mostly, I'm thankful for all the years I did have with Grandpa Bob. I'm aching for his wife, my grandmother. I'm grateful for family to relive the memories with, a husband who knows when I need space and knows when I need to be smothered, and a best friend who stopped by our house while we were down with my family to get food for Casco and clothes for me and Mr. B and delivered them to us - and emptied our dishwasher just so we didn't have to.
I had posts scheduled for the week already - so it will be business as usual for imperfect as I travel for work, then back home for family.




Aww, Emily, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandfather. I am very close to my grandparents and I can only imagine the pain you must be feeling. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. Jenny.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Emily, your family will be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss Emily, you and your fam are definitely in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Emily.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry, we will certainly be praying for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. It's never easy to say goodbye. At least you have lots of good memories to remember him by.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry. It's never easy to say goodbye. At least you have lots of good memories to remember him by.
ReplyDeleteoh Emily, I'm so so sorry to read this. He sounds like he was an absolutely wonderful man. My heart is aching for you and your family. I'm thinking of you and I'm glad you have a good support system around you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Emily. You, your family and esp. your grandmother will be in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteThat really, really sucks. I hope you and your family find peace & love in each other while celebrating his life.
ReplyDeleteEmily, sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss Emily.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for you loss...grandparents are the best and I can't imagine your pain
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness. I am so so so sorry Emily. I have no idea what pain you are going through- I will send good thoughts to you and your family. I am so sorry.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your loss.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Emily. It is so hard to lose a grandparent, especially one as close as yours was to you. I'll be thinking of you.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad for you, Emily. He sounds like a wonderful man.
ReplyDeletereading these comments was so touching. You are so loved and we are right there with them sending love from our aching hearts to you and all our family!!!
ReplyDeleteLove from Minnesota too. It is so sad. He will be really missed.
ReplyDeleteSee you in Colorado soon. It's so important to have family hugs at this time. I got some really good ones from Ruth and gave a few too.
I'm so sorry for your loss, Emily. He sounds like a wonderful man who lived a wonderful, loving life.
ReplyDeleteEmily, I am sorry to hear about your grandfather. Keep treasuring the moments that you did have. May you find comfort in being together with your family. Safe travels.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for your loss. May you be filled with the comfort of your memories during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteOMG Em. I am so sorry. That is just heart-breaking.
ReplyDeleteEmily, I'm so sorry. I'll keep you in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your grandfather.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your grandpa. Hang in there, and always remember to look back and smile at the many wonderful memories that you two formed together.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear about your Grandfather. Saying a prayer for you and your family. Cling to those precious memories.
ReplyDeleteMy heart aches for you and your fam, Em. The world needs more people like your grandfather and it is so sad that he is no longer with us.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you.
{BIG squishy hug}
Ohh Emily. I am sorry for your loss. I ache for you. I will tell you the pain gets easier, but you don't forget. I lost my grandfather in 2007. Although things are much easier, I still have a difficult time dealing with specific times of the year. Please let me know I can do anything to help you though this time. :)
ReplyDeleteHe sounded like a wonderful grandfather Emily. I'm so sad for you. You and your family are in my thoughts.
ReplyDelete