Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

McOverIt

Have you all made the acquaintance of my new boyfriend, Josh McDaniels?  He's Denver's new coach.  I love him because he's passionate about Broncos football, got rid of whiny Jay Cutler and has pretty teeth.  If he knew I existed he would love me because I was his first and only supporter in Denver for a long time.  Mr. B is aware of the relationship - he's currently okay with it.


Well, on Thanksgiving, a few hours before Mr. B's boyfriend Tiger Woods got beat-up by his hot wife, my boyfriend was caught dropping a few choice words on the sidelines at his team.  They were screwing up, they deserved a talking to.  And the NFL Network accidentally aired McHoodie's choice words.  Every Broncos fan watching the game was dropping the same F-bombs.  

After beating the Patriots, his former team.  This guy has passion and I love it.

So anyway, the media is up in arms.  To the point where McPearlywhites freaking apologized today.  Okay friends.  This is professional football.  Not pee wee football.  Not even high school football - although I learned the majority of my vocabulary during my high school lacrosse games.  If McHoodie wants to turnover a new leaf and stop swearing, that's his choice - but he's a professional football coach, he is being paid to lead this team, and that includes sometimes lighting a fire under these players.  Being forced to apologize is ludicrous.  Get over it, media.  The entire Denver Metro area just doesn't care.

And that my friends, concludes imperfect's football commentary for 2009.  Thanks for tuning in.

13 comments:

  1. Love this. Totally agree. Except Josh McDaniels is my boyfriend too. But it does sound like you had him first, so I guess I'll be OK with being his squeeze on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a conversation about a similar topic at my house. My family is full of die hard Ravens fans. During the Indy game, they showed a closeup of Joe Flacco (our beloved QB) saying the "F" word. You could tell without a doubt that's what he was saying. My mother was appalled by this and was up in arms because she thought that there could be "small children" watching. Small children should not be familiar with that word, first off. More importantly, it's a FOOTBALL game! And it was a game between the Ravens and Indy...it was a VERY important football game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could not agree more. And nevermind the fact that he's totally turned the team around. They've had a better season than anyone expected thanks to him.

    Go Broncos!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard about this, but I think it's hilarious that there's a big brouhaha over this. If any apology was necessary, it would be from the NFL network, not from the coach.

    In my parents' house, they've begun to even tolerate my brother dropping f-bombs during football season, because nearly every football story my brother has involves either the coach giving a speech that includes the f word, another team making comments about Bug that involve the f word, Bug making comments about another team that involve the f word, or explaining what happened during an on field fight, which usually includes LOTS of choice words.

    Heck, my brother's team even has a priest that helps the team out, and I overheard the PRIEST swearing on the sideline during the season. Football and swearing go hand in hand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. F#@* yeah!

    Love "McHoodie". You're hilarious.

    You said it, sister. We were all up in Winter Park watching the game on TV w/ little kiddos in the room (they didn't even notice) & we thought it was hilarious. And refreshingly honest. What is the big deal, people?! Y'all try coaching under pressure like that & see how many f-bombs you can NOT drop.

    If there's anyone to blame, blame the idiot who was in charge of the censor/video delay. Someone had too much turkey/cocktails & fell asleep at the controls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is the head coach? He is really young looking and cute! Good choice ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in total agreement.

    The good news is, if they are spending so much time harping on about this that means there is no REAL news happening, meaning things are pretty ok in the Denver area right now.

    There. Look at me finding the silver lining!

    ReplyDelete
  8. uhh i love him too lol and seriously, the TV brodcasters need to get over it and STFU about how hes talkin to grown men. I think they can handle it

    ReplyDelete
  9. They should call it the No-Fun-League. I mean really, this is the stuff they are carrying on about? He was just saying what everyone else was thinking after all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amen.

    PS He is SUPER hot. In fact I had this same conversation on Thanksgiving with Charlie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. amen sista! I love that he is so into games. Too bad the winning streak had to come to an end. Although I am not so happy that he brought the cut off sweatshirt from new england too. ick

    ReplyDelete