Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Prepping for Christmas Decor

With December and Christmas preparation comes Living Room rearrangement. And living room rearrangement happens when Mr. B is out of the house. It's easier if I can just switch things up so that when he gets home there's no work to do. Then, if he doesn't like it, we discuss. Furniture's easy to move.

Here's a quick reminder of the room before. Still love this layout, just needed to switch things around to free up that back left corner for our Tannenbaum.


I flipped the couch to the opposite side of the room. It's lived there before, nothing new. The big green chair and the small slipper chair got relocated to other rooms, and my fabulous cane back thrift store chairs made a grand entrance.




The room is lighter and airier with the cane back chairs, and a touch more grown-up. Casco misses his big green chair (and has yet to discover it in the office) but likes that he has a better view out of the windows.

The droopy sofa is next on the list - our couch replacement savings is complete!
Now we just need to decide on who will be getting our imperfect business.

I like the change. Maybe not permanently, but for a little while. Mr. B likes how it looks - but isn't sure about its functionality (or lougeability). But for now, it's a fun change. What do you think?

25 comments:

  1. I love those cane chairs!! The fabric on the seats is gorgeous!

    Also, I wanted to let you know that I completed an upholstered headboard last night, from following directions on your blog and I posted about it (and linked back to your blog!) Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! Those chairs are very pretty. (and grown-up!) So excited to see your new couch. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does look light and airy. I really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boys and their functionality! I am battling Justin over the same issue in the nursery.

    Anyway, I love the new layout and I think it's much more light and airy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always move furniture when C's not around. As long as he's not involved in the heavy lifting he usually doesn't care. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it looks great! You're right that the new chairs make the room look much more spacious. Can't wait to see tree photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the new cane chairs. When did you get those? I'm feeling a little dishevelled, they came from nowhere. ;)

    I'm considering a new living room arrangement, too. And, when I saw "new," I mean, I want two matching slipper chairs. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think it looks great! with those chairs and the white table - it all looks very put together! good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful. I love rearranging furniture!! I too have a droopy couch that needs replacement so please blog when you determine what you want and where your going to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the cane-back chairs - they're so sophisticated! And I love that you paired them with a super-cute lime green! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks great! Can I ask where you bought your curtain rods? I'm looking for something just like that and can't find them! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! I think you're right though, the larger chair is better for lounging or curling up with a book, but this look would be perfect for a party or for freeing up space for a tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This look's a keeper! Those cane chairs have captivated me ever since you revealed them. So classic & timeless!

    Just get a sofa that offers ultimate "loungeability" & B will be on board. Those men-folk do love the lounge factor. I told Mr. FC if he wants a place to slouch/lounge, we have a king-sized bed at his disposal. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heh, I love that Casco hasn't "discovered" the green chair's new location yet. Precious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love it! It's perfect! :) Those cane back chairs are great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi--Im' new to your blog (found your link over at Bower Power) and I already have to comment. I think those chairs look fabulous in your living room. I wouldn't worry about the loungeability factor, isn't that what couches are for?! (that's what I'd tell my husband anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  17. @Laura - Those curtain rods are from Target - they come in lots of different lengths and finishes so they suited our windows perfectly. I've also seen similar ones at Walmart (and Pottery Barn but for a much less appealing price).

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your room looks so great, I love the look of the chairs in it. I have to admit, I am not a thrift store person but those chairs really do look good in there.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this arrangement! Looks great! That is my favorite time to decorate too, when the hubs is gone.

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE the new chairs! They definitely lighten up the room, plus just look fabulous!
    Good Job!
    totty
    www.bootsandtotty.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dare I say I like it better this way? I dare. Those caneys are freakin gorgeous. Stop hiding them!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The chairs look great, I love the fabric and pop of green from the blanket. But I agree, they probably aren't super comfy nor can they hold a golden.

    ReplyDelete