Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Brunch - Chocolate Crepes

B and I like to serve brunch.  Actually, I like to serve breakfast, B likes to allow people the opportunity to sleep in on weekends and invites people for brunch.

I make killer pancakes.  Killer in taste.  And calories.  But the day I turned B onto my pancakes was the day he decided to marry me (or we were already married and I was sick of his Bisquick pancakes so finally introduced him to the beauty of pancakes from scratch, whichever story you want to believe).

We had a brunch last weekend - B promised the guests pancakes.  But 10:30 in the morning is a little early to spend your calorie allotment for the day - on just an ordinary day - on pancakes.  So, when Leah featured this blog last week I decided we'd make crepes.


The crepes were good - we filled them with raspberries instead of strawberries.  And B likes preserves instead of whipped cream in his crepes.  I didn't notice the chocolate - but that's probably because I switched up the ingredients.  They were a nice change, fun to make and eat.  I'm a big fan of finding new options for my favorite entertaining meal of the day.

14 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm now that is my kind of breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is NOTHING I like more than to spend my day's calorie allotment on breakfast. A sugary delicious breakfast. And I'd like to know on what planet your husband is from with this preserves over whipped cream preference. I hate to say it Em, but you may have married a crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you share your amazing pancake recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a great recipe for whole grain, banana, nut, buttermilk pancakes. Amazingly they are very tasty and good for you as well. You know.....so you can eat that extra piece of bacon! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm. I think it's time for us to organize a brunch! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Chris loves to make breakfast foods too. I like egg stuff better- but he loves to make pancakes and such.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been following the 5,000 daily calorie intake, so I'll eat your crepes AND your pancakes. Esp. when they look this delish! I'll bring my stretchy pants.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm PLEASE share your pancake recipe!! I have bisquick in the fridge and am SO sick of it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lordy, that looks good. I've never made homemade pancakes. I never even thought to make them homemade. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these look delicious - they may be on our table on saturday morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy! We are lucky to even get Bisquick pancakes on the weekends but that pretty pic might just make me change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I also love to eat and serve brunch- there are just so many choices. Will you share your pancake recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Elsie,

    For long time I use this freeware: [url=http://www.freeflvtomp3converter.com]FLV to MP3 free converter[/url].

    FLV to MP3 free converter is a free YouTube, MegaVideo, ClipJunkie and similar video sites to MP3 Converter and allows you to convert a video to MP3 file.

    This software is fast, free, and requires no signup. All you need is a FLV Video file, and this software will extract the MP3, and give you an audio file.

    So you are able to listen to your favorite YouTube tracks on every MP3 player.

    You can download it for free at [url=http://www.freeflvtomp3converter.com]www.freeflvtomp3converter.com[/url].

    This may be useful to you.

    ReplyDelete