Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Dirty Laundry

There are a couple things I love about our laundry room, and a couple things I don't love.



I love that it's right off of our bedroom.  I love that there's a window in it that sends light into the landing at the top of the stairs - and down the stairs.  I love our washer and dryer.



I don't love that it's not actually a room.  It's just a laundry closet.  I don't love that the builder installed the washer base on the right - washers go on the left in my everything-by-the-plan, you-read-from-left-to-right-you-should-do-everything-left-to-right mind.

The pros outweigh the cons - even with me cursing our builder every time I move laundry from right to left.  But, I do have dreams of a big laundry room with a sink in a future home, and I love to look at pictures of gorgeous laundry rooms.  Because I'm a nerd and love laundry and stain removal.

The built-in pedestal/drawers that the washer and dryer are sitting on in this picture?  Brilliant.  So freaking smart.  Mr. B...want to try another project together?  Ha.


I want to marry Jenny's DIY Laundry Room makeover (and her kitchen, bathroom, family room, dining room...hell, I should just marry Jenny).


And um, this laundry room/mud room?  

Could that be a little more breathtaking? Built-ins...Check.  Windows galore...Check.  Gorgeous color...Check.  Yes, please.



14 comments:

  1. For a laundry nook it's great..........you have beautiful w/d and nice cabinets.

    In my small apartment, I have a stackable next to the bathroom door. And I have to put my detergent, bleach and dryer sheets in the linen closet.

    Oh well, we work with what we have!! Who would not LOVE to have a large laundry room with all the bells and whistles though?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the laundry situation! I love your front loaders, they are awesome! Our laundry "room" is in our basement and it's shared with the unfinished part, so it's always gross and scary down there! It's a good way to get my husband to do the laundry though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last laundry room is breathtaking. So gorgeous!

    We too have a laundry closet, but it's in a mud room, so it does kind of feel like a laundry room. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness that last room is soo beautiful! i love it.

    We have a laundry closet as well....

    but in our next house i would love a room like that last one.....i can keep dreaming about it right ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't even have a laundry nook--our laundry is in the garage, and it's terrible. I hate every bit of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just want my w/d out of the corner of my kitchen! that's my dream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our laundry is down in the dark, cold creepy basement, so I'm obviously jealous of your super convenient locale. And that last room is freaking gorgeous but does it have an ever-growing lint ball rolling around on the floor like mine does???? I think not!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you have a window. I'm totally jealous of that.

    I agree about adoration for Jenny's laundry - perfection. I Hadn't seen the photo with the furniture-style bases. How smart!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dude. my washer and dryer go right to left too. i never thought about that. but now it is going to drive me crazy! thanks ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too love the laundry room on the end. Sign!!! A girl can dream.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is that a proposal:)? So happy you like my space!

    I am drooling over that last picture I wish our laundry functioned more like a mud room...and that space is to die for. I love the color in your laundry room and that it is on the 2nd level. Every time I truck baskets up and down the stairs I wish ours was like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the color of your washer/dryer nook. And I'm uber jealous that it is off your laundry room- I hate hauling bulky baskets up and down 2 flights of stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't do laundry. Our maid does it for us. But if I HAD to do my own laundry, I would totally take your laundry closet over our scary, unfinished basement laundry nook. Which is next to the bumper pool table & the nasty toilet we relocated during our bathroom reno.

    P.S. Just kidding. But only about the bumper pool table part.

    ReplyDelete
  14. John and Sherry over at Younghouselove have a laundry closet of sorts as well, and they just remove the doors and had open-concept laundry! Maybe you would like it better if you tried? Love your blog, btw!

    ReplyDelete