I just need to know...
Are these for real the shoes that are in this Spring and Summer?
Now, if they are, I can deal. A few extra inches are always welcome and if I recall correctly wedges were more comfortable than spiky pumps for day to day activities.
But I'm recalling from the last time platforms, wedges and espadrilles were "in" - which was 8th grade. And let me tell you about my memories of middle school: None of them are cute. As a result, I'm struggling to get behind the return of the chunky wedge.
So, friends who pay more attention to trends than me: Is this what I'm expected to wear with my summer skirts? Am I the only one harboring bad memories of middle school dances, mean girls and the raging hormones of the mid-to-late Nineties?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I've been wearing them, so if they not "in" we're both in trouble!
ReplyDeleteWedges have been in for a while. :)
ReplyDeleteI think big chunky wedges, as shown, look very 8th/9th grade, like you're playing grown-up. Smaller wedges I can deal with. But, I'm gonna guess that flip flops *never* go out of style, so I'm sticking with them.
ReplyDeleteI think wedges came back in last summer- I was surprised then, but I like them now. So much easier to walk!
ReplyDeleteI definitely think that these are great for the summer, but stick to more neutral tones. I have a wedge actually that I've had for 3 years and I plan on busting them out when it gets warm enough! Mine have dark brown straps, so they're easy to wear with pretty much anything. Also, pick a wedge that kind of tapers in the back, so it just doesn't look a like a BLOCK of heel from behind. I think a "tapered" wedge is much more feminine. I think the shoes you posted have this, except for the top left brown one, which to me is too chunky.
ReplyDeleteI've been seeing wedges for awhile. The thing I'm more horrified about is CLOGS. According to the magazines and fashion sites, they're back. BLARGH.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I've been seeing wedges everything for a while too. I think they are definitely back in style, but I tend to still stick with my comfy and broken in rainbow flops! They will never go out to style to me!
ReplyDeleteEek I have a hard time with this because I am 5'8 and DO NOT enjoy being Amazon woman--so I say no to tall wedges, even if they are back in style :)
ReplyDeleteI love chunky wedges, so much more stable. Although some of those are too high for me.
ReplyDeleteWedges have been in for a while now, and they are super comfy!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteforget about 8th grade, it's good to look taller!
ReplyDeletei like the wedge because i can't do a real heel easily-weak ankles, but I am ready for peep toes to go away. i think it's cute but i can't wear them-they hurt my toes!
ReplyDeleteand yes, google reader hasn't been picking up your posts for me. grrr. i'm going to have to put you on my "private" list so I can remember to actually check your site!
See, I LOVE the look of espadrilles but I can't seem to pull them off. I'm pretty much built like a boy (no hips, small butt, and skinny chicken legs). So I end up looking like a kid playing dress-up.
ReplyDeleteBut you, my friend, with the flowing glossy locks and sorority good looks can OWN these beauties like nobody's business.
Did I just make things weird in here.......awesome.