Pin It button on image hover

Friday, April 16, 2010

T-shirt Take 2

I love my purple t-shirt.  The woman sitting behind us at the Rockies Game last Saturday who I can't crop out of our picture?  Not so much love.  She talked for the entire game (on a seemingly first/blind date) about Facebook.  Painful - call me crazy, but I prefer to talk strikes and pitch count at baseball games.



So, the company it kept on its first wear aside, I love my t-shirt.  So I embellished and dyed another one.



This time I just sewed a simple corsage out of scraps of another old white t-shirt, and dyed the entire thing my signature green.



For the dying: I use RIT dye - powder or liquid but I prefer the liquid.  For both of this shirt and the last one, I was only dying one thing at a time, so I used an old mixing bowl, hot water and the dye.  This method (and I think the fabric of both of these t-shirts) produces a marbled dye effect, which I'm okay with.  But I'll be trying some thicker t-shirts to see if they get a more even dye effect soon.

9 comments:

  1. You are so cute in your purple t-shirt! I remember your tweets from that game... that woman sounded like a royal pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both, but I esp. love the color of the purple...

    but how am I not surprised that you chose green for the other shirt? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these shirts! And it looks like you guys had a great time at the game in spite of your "company."

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving these shirts. I might be brave enough to try it on my own.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We went to our first Arkansas Travelers (minor league) baseball game last Friday night and had a similar experience. The guy behind us claimed to know almost everything and everybody and talked the whole game. At least some of it was about baseball but other stories included the time Elton John called him up to chat.
    I do like the purple shirt.
    Will

    ReplyDelete
  6. In yo' face, JCrew!! I'm totally digging the corsage tee!

    This is on my list of DIY's. There might be a whole section called "inspired-by-that-girl-Em-I've-never-met-but-might-have-a-girl-crush-on-but-I-hope-she'll-still-like-me-after-I-reveal-that-bit-but-I'd-totally-understand-if-she-never-comments-again-on-my-blog".

    (Call me sick, but sometimes when Mr. FC & I are out to dinner, I always look around nosily to see if anyone's on an awkward first date. People watching can be fun or totally annoying.)

    ReplyDelete