The Rockies won the game in the 10th inning with a walk-off home run by Miguel Olivo. Mr. B
B called me three times before I finally answered - thinking something awful had happened to make him call me three times - to tell me his big news. I had no idea this was such a big deal because Mr. B makes fun of everyone over the age of 10 he sees at a baseball game with a glove for catching fly balls, so I just assumed he felt that way about catching a ball, too. But apparently guys think it's pretty awesome.
The boy was on cloud nine. I think it helped propel him past the devastating USA/Canada Gold Medal hockey game in February, made-up for his unremarkable season so far in Fantasy Golf and has overall redeemed 2010 for him as a sports year. He is currently icing his knee and popping Advil for his Achilles tendon - but hey, it was worth it.




I suppose I should say something about the Rockies beating my team. But the Rockies clearly have better team colors so I can't. i obviously care about these things way too much. But kudos to Mr B. on the prying. Now if only he pryed it out of a child's hand, THAT would be worth 3 phone calls.
ReplyDeletePaul had to watch the replay on ESPN 50 times before he could make sense of the millisecond that they showed the crowd, and confirmed (possibly) that B was the one with the green coat on with his back toward the camera. Yeah, guys think it's pretty awesome :)
ReplyDeletetotally saw that play! it was pretty sweet. congrats! charlie would be the same way, probably calling everyone he knows. there's something about boys and baseball ...
ReplyDeleteWasn't he freezing? Stinking CO spring!
ReplyDeleteWhoop whoop! How fun for him to have the game winning ball!
ReplyDeleteyay for Mr. B! I love the post title too.
ReplyDeleteI love that Mr. B looks so happy. Good for him!
ReplyDeleteBasically the perfect day!! I'm so jealaous!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story! My husband would have been just as excited and calling to tell everyone....he proudly has his collection of caught foul balls in the "man cave" and he would be even more excited if it was a home run ball!
ReplyDelete