Personally, a lot of it reminds me of the country baskets, ceramic geese and mint and mauve color schemes of the early 90s. But I'm wondering what your thoughts on the country and farmhouse touches are? Love 'em or hate 'em? Sound off!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







I'm kind of in the middle. Some of that stuff is cute, but I probably wouldn't buy any of it at Pottery Barn prices.
ReplyDeleteI think Pottery Barn is overrated. I like a few items, but would never pay for the price tag. I like the look of some farmhouse decor, but I think of it as the trend of the 20-10 through 20-15ish and it will soon be so "what were they thinking?"
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, Holmes on Homes is sooo boring. :-)
LOL...........I like this look in certain limited touches. Not a fan of chippy farm stuff as a rule for sure. And I remember french blue more than mint!! OMG, I just dated myself even more. eeeeep.
ReplyDeleteI like most of it, especially if it is white or neutral. Those wire baskets in the last picture gave me a totally 90s flashback though.
ReplyDeleteDitto Leigh. I'm not going to shell out $80 for a tray that looks like it was scrap wood nailed together.
ReplyDeleteThat said, if I DIY'ed it, I'd probably like it.
I totally thought of you when I saw the rope wrapped chandelier in the last catalog I received. My feelings towards it were similar to your blog post about the wine bottle light fixture!
ReplyDeleteLove... in small doses. And only if I find stuff like this at a garage sale or thrift store. No way I'm paying PB prices for something that looks old. Just sayin'.
ReplyDeleteI think that when used sparingly and paired with fresh cottons/linens and neutrals this look can be great. Stay away from the fake greenery and the dark mauve and greens from the nineties though. Ew.
I think I like more French Country, which does not include wire baskets, butter churns, and rooster wall paper which all give me flashbacks of my house growing up in the 90's :)
ReplyDeleteIt's hard to say. I like some things and hate others.
ReplyDeleteGuess I'll just be picky - -
I love a little bit of the country look (a few mason jars, a milk crate here and there) but too much can be cheesy.
ReplyDeleteI like them in some places, like my grandparents old converted barn they use for entertaining. My city house, however, is not the place for them.
ReplyDeleteI think a rustic theme can be nice if done right, but I can't imagine it working in our house, and I have no regrets about that. Not our personal style.
ReplyDeleteKinda of neutral about it- not outfitting my house in it but some accents (like farmhouse tables) are ok. I saw the tiered metal servers at the PB outlet a few weeks ago and thought of you.
ReplyDeleteI can appreciate some country accents...but it is not really our style and would look weird in our house. And I agree I am puzzled about how long it has held on in Pottery Barn. Guess it is selling:).
ReplyDeleteI'm mostly in love with living IN a farmhouse, actually. But, I usually like rustic, farmhouse-type things. But, I prefer to find authentic things at junk stores and flea markets over buying new.
ReplyDeleteMost of it is bordering on hideous, in my opinion. Especially when you consider the prices! I mean, you could go to any old antique store and pick up similar things at much better prices. I love old things, but I also love authentic.
ReplyDeleteHey, I'm Rae and I like your blog. :)
ReplyDeleteI think a lot of it is companies capitalizing on the movement toward simplicity, which is ironic, considering that spending that much on home accessories is a little counterintuitive to that movement, at least to me.
That said, I like it in moderation- too much and it's definitely reminiscent of the early 90s, but I think a piece or two here and there gives character without being too trendy.