Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Swear

Every single time I turn on HGTV that mind-numbingly boring Holmes on Homes show is on.  Can't a girl just watch some mediocre home staging and obnoxious first time house hunters when she needs a little R&R?



HGTV, we're on a break until you tweak your programming to work with my schedule and interests.  Is that really so much to ask?

And that concludes this week's commentary by Oscar the Grouch...

22 comments:

  1. OMG, yes! It's ridiculous! Consider me on a break with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you!!! Sad part is my husband thinks it's one of the greatest home improvement shows ever. He likes it so much he actually considered getting a pair of overalls. By the way, I love your blog. Every morning when I get to work I have to stop by and read the latest post. Keep up the great blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 100% agree! It's rather sad... but I just can't stand the show. Personally I love house hunters, and manage to get my hubby into it as well. We make bets on what house they choose. We take it pretty seriously! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one having fits every time I put on HGTV and "he" is on there. So sick of him, really I am.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMg-- I couldn't agree more. So over that show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just gonna say it. I love Holmes on Homes. But it seems like every time I see it on HGTV, its a repeat of a really old show I've already seen 5 times. No thanks, HGTV. At least repeat the new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When Holmes on Homes was only one once a week, I liked it. Now that they've given it the House Hunters treatment and are forcing it down our throats, I'm tired of it.

    Between HGTV Canada and HGTV US, they have PLENTY of shows to program an original day. I don't understand why every House Hunters gets repeated dozens of times while Sarah Richardson's old show, Design Inc, which showed real projects, is totally gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, I'm right there with you. We should all find another show to watch and boycott HGTV!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm gonna go against the flow, b/c I love Holmes on Homes. Finally someone taking care of people building a home. I am envious of the folks that get their home fixed, probably b/c my hubby and I unfortunately were in a similar situation a few years ago and lost a lot of money from an awful contractor that left us high and dry with an incomplete house (no kitchen for 7 months and missing
    windows during the winter)....when we started going after him legally he closed his business and ran. There are lot of reruns on, but Holmes is right that there isn't enough protection for the homeowner and too much for the shoddy builders that are out there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't really care either way for Holmes on Holmes but fun fact for you - he did a home in our town a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Couldn't agree more! I love the show Dear Genieve and it is NEVER on!! What about a good Curb Appeal? I have also stopping tuning is as much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am also going to go against the flow. Finally there is an HGTV show that is not all about slapping things together as quickly and cheaply as possible. Quality building is very important and worth the extra cost. Construction is not all about decorating.

    More people need to understand the how's and why's of home construction instead of just worrying about the pretties. I will take a repeat of Homes on Holmes over watching those shows where all anyone is concerned about is wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm against the grain too - I love Mike Holmes. It is on a lot though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so with you. I haven't seen that particular show so I can't weigh in but generally I either love or hate HGTV shows. Either they are fascinating or they are mind-numbingly dull.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally agree!!! I haven't even been able to watch an entire episode of that show because it's so boring to me. I would seriously rather watch an entire day of House Hunters re-runs than one episode of that snore-fest!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Seriously, is it just me or does that show just make you nervous?? It's like watching a horror film--all I cank think about it what lies around the corner for ME!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Because of your title 'I swear' I know have that song by All-4-one stuck in my head. sigh...
    But yeah, I agree with you about Holmes. Except that we just got rid of our cable, so I now have no HGTV to watch at all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ryan's parents are obsessed with Holmes. They actually act like the know the guy, "Holmes would do this or that" I just don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Don't be Oscar the Grouch - even though he is one of my favorite characters.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd have to go with the other girls.. at least this guy knows his stuff. I think one of the reasons I enjoy watching it is because we're building our own home. It would probably be less interesting if I lived in a cookie cutter home where all the work was done for me.. but I truly appreciate the attention to quality that he puts into things. Too many "design" shows aren't truly good design- They're just slapping some cheap materials together to make something look good. Good design not only looks good, but has someone like Holmes behind the scenes, making sure everything is done right.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I thought I was the only one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. That Holmes homie scares the shiznit out of me.

    But so does Suzanne Whang from House Hunters.

    ReplyDelete