We have the least functional under-sink space in our kitchen. These are the things that I didn't think about before we bought the house - but in future houses, an under-sink space that is tall enough and not overflowing with plumbing so we can at least put a garbage can under there will be a nice-to-have.
Here's our disaster zone. We do have reusable grocery bags, you just wouldn't know it from our supply of plastic bags we use for yard clean-up and small trash can liners. They ugly brown plastic bags were taking over, and it was driving me crazy everytime I pulled out the cleaning bucket.
So I purged. Consolidated the trash bags and moved them to the garage where another supply exists. Moved the cleaning bucket - organized with my actual cleaning supplies, the the far left, and the dishwasher and sink supplies to the dish rack on the right.
It's still the least practical under-sink space you'll ever meet with no room for improvement, but at least it's organized. And yes, I use Lysol...and Cascade...and occasionally, gasp, bleach. If I'm going to spend time cleaning my house, I want it to be clean, thank you very much. Bring on the chemicals (although I do swear by vinegar for just about everything).




Wait, is there something wrong with lysol and cascade? Should we all be using homemade cleaning products or something? If so, I'm screwed. I actually search out the smell of bleach, the more industrial the better. My poor unborn child ;)
ReplyDeleteBed Bath and Beyond sells a under sink shelf unit that is made to go around pipes - it has different pieces that snap on to the shelving brackets so you can leave room for pipes. We had the same situation with our "under sink" area and got that - it was maybe $5 and it has been great!
ReplyDeleteGreat job! I have recently stopped using furniture polish instead using a damp microfiber cloth and am next trying to give up windex. I do not have the "window/mirror cleaning" gene.............streaks are my enemy. And I love to use blue pine sol eeep! :)
ReplyDeleteI've never met a under sink space that I got along with.
ReplyDeleteWow, this looks awesome! Our under-sink area is OK, but also slightly too crowded. We should purge too!
ReplyDeletewe have the same problem. it drives me nuts that we had to buy a trash can.
ReplyDeleteYep, we have the same under the sink situation too, and I'm forever trying to figure out how to organize it.
ReplyDeleteI love using Green Works. Everything that I have used so far works amazing. I am the same way about a clean home. Yes, I use bleach in my white wash and when I want the bathroom to have that extra sparkle. Vinegar & Baking Soda is great for cleaning too.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Kathryn...BB&B have amazing storage options for the pipe situation. We used it when we used to live in an apt.
Great job!!
It looks much more functional. I saw somewhere where a person put a drawer under the sink. I thought that was brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. We have a ton of pipes under the sink too. I finally found a way to organizer it but someone else can't seem to follow the plan.
ReplyDeleteThe clean up looks great. Now if the oil leak was just as easy. We need to put you on the project.
ReplyDeleteYou've given me hope b/c OMG, our undersink space is the exact same way!! The disposal takes up half the space, and the other half is too shallow for anything. The hell?!
ReplyDeleteGive me bleach anytime, none of that pansy homemade shiznit.
My undersink space is terrifying. Your transformation gives me hope though. Maybe this weekend, I'll brave the dark space...
ReplyDelete