Isn't that such a romantic name for an herb and veggie garden? I slacked this year on my garden and have only planted basil (for making copious amounts of pesto) and one tomato plant (because I've never been successful with tomatoes and I'm only going to try one a year until I figure it out). I should throw a cilantro plant in there before I forget. But some year, I'm going to plan and do this the right way - with a fabulous selection of herbs and veggies. But in the meantime...
Megan turned me onto Etsy Seller BeachHouseLiving last week. How fabulous are these vintage silverware garden markers? Perfect for a "kitchen garden", no?
I had seen these and other cute garden markers earlier this spring and didn't quite understand the need. However, after planting our garden and having to use scrap wood and a Sharpie to mark the rows, I totally get it now. Cute is good!!
These are cute. I just picked up a metal stamping set at the hardware store, but I haven't mastered it yet. These look much cuter than my attempts. (I haven't tried spoons yet, either. But, I should.)
And, I love that you called it a kitchen garden. That is so much more fun than a vegetable garden.
So, I totally have my garden plants but for 3 weeks they have been sitting on the deck table in their pots. Oh, dear. I saw some markers like that elsewhere and totally want to diy some. Oh, the pool is in the backyard. We are so excited, but the previous owners didn't care for it well. So it is taking a lot of time/money to get it open. Casco is always welcome at camp Chester.
I tried calling ours a kitchen garden, and Tom said "huh?" It didn't stick! I love those, but I can see my kids loving them also and they would never stay! Sigh
I had seen these and other cute garden markers earlier this spring and didn't quite understand the need. However, after planting our garden and having to use scrap wood and a Sharpie to mark the rows, I totally get it now. Cute is good!!
ReplyDeleteThose are so darn cute!
ReplyDeleteThose are so cute! We really need to grow some basil. We use it all the time, it's really not cost-efficient to keep buying it.
ReplyDeleteFreaking adorable!
ReplyDeleteThese are cute. I just picked up a metal stamping set at the hardware store, but I haven't mastered it yet. These look much cuter than my attempts. (I haven't tried spoons yet, either. But, I should.)
ReplyDeleteAnd, I love that you called it a kitchen garden. That is so much more fun than a vegetable garden.
Ooooh I just planted {OK, bought} some herbs and these would be perfect for labeling them!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing :)
{came over from ABP!}
I love these!!
ReplyDeleteSo, I totally have my garden plants but for 3 weeks they have been sitting on the deck table in their pots. Oh, dear. I saw some markers like that elsewhere and totally want to diy some.
ReplyDeleteOh, the pool is in the backyard. We are so excited, but the previous owners didn't care for it well. So it is taking a lot of time/money to get it open. Casco is always welcome at camp Chester.
Aren't those so cute? I was thinking about doing something like that in our garden, but I got lazy. And I agree with Kim...love "kitchen garden"
ReplyDeleteI tried calling ours a kitchen garden, and Tom said "huh?" It didn't stick! I love those, but I can see my kids loving them also and they would never stay! Sigh
ReplyDelete